F-oh-ex

KotOR - Rakata prisoners and Datapad

Hello. My query concerns 2 issues.

Firstly, in a room inside Elders' Settlement, the one where Researcher Ll'awa is, I found a datapad with information about "Elder's technology". It is a quest related item, however, I cannot turn it in...

Secondly, I can release 3 caged Rakatans after killing the Researcher Ll'awa. From what I gathered online, I should be rewarded for it by The One, provided I talk to him about it before the dialogue about "The Book" containing Elder's secrets. Once again, it does not happen.

Thank you in advance for replying.

Well, I do know that there is a Rakata computer in the Unknown World Temple that has some research data, and that it's related to a quest for the Elders' Settlement, but as far as I'm aware, that was good to go in Vanilla (so I was informed...).

I can look into it more if people want to volunteer information...

What you mean is a different quest, given by Researcher Ll'awa and yes, it was good in Vanilla. I'm curious about the datapad as I don't recall it being there in Vanilla and container it was located in had an English name. As I play a Polish version, it's almost confirmed that it's a restored item. The datapad's description is translated but, interestingly, so is about the half of the restored content.

The reason for half of it already being translated is that that half uses the strings from the dialog.tlk that is shipped with the game. The other half were lines reconstructed from the audio that weren't in the dialog.tlk file...