[Help for TSL] Lightsaber Hilt mod flaking out on me

-Steam library

-right click kotor 2

-select properties

-select the betas tab

-in the drop down menu select "legacypc-"

-close

-it'll download a 203Mb file

Thanks...did using the Restored Content Workshop folder as an override substitute work for you?

I'd love to hear if it does work...might induce me to give the so-called update another whirl.

Everything seemed to be going good until I tried using the first workbench on Peragus and then the saber console booted me off the bench. :(

No, no what I meant was when I selected saber console at the workbench it kicked me off the bench as though I was exiting the bench. All other functionality was fine it was just the saber console issue.

ooooh...ummm...you might want to go further until you get to Ebon Hawke...I uninstalled that when I put in SLM, but I don't think you are 'allowed' to use saber console on Peragus...so that might be why you got booted.

If one might *ahem* impose...as long as you are playing around with mods...could you download http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/496-tsl-default-replacement-hilt-mod/ and then in game cheat a 'saber in to see if the hilt texture appears 100% of the time with your method?  When the patch downloaded Tuesday, all of my mods stayed in override and, obviously, the 'saber texture mod threw tantrums (hence this thread).

The way I'm using and the legacypc- thing will certainly work, but I'm just curious to see if you can get stuff working by coming from a different angle.  If you don't mind playing guinea pig...if you do...no problem, ignore me :P .  I just get curious about that kind of thing.

Just my two cents as to the whole TSLRCM Workshop deal that people are talking about and whether they should or shouldn't install it and/or mods...

From my understanding of the details, Steam Workshop's TSLRCM and M4-78EP downloads each make their own folders in a special spot on the system and the game treats the folders as overrides and overwrites the files, correct?

If that's the case, then it's not that different from the Elder Scrolls games where they have a load order of mod packages when the game starts up. Granted, we don't have a load order deal with KotOR 2, but the principle is the same, especially in regards to the .2da files. If it could be tested appropriately, I would think that the game checks the mod install folders with lowest-numbered folder to highest-numbered folder...

Given this and that the game basically treats those folders as separate Overrides for the game as a whole, Hassat Hunter's advice to install all of the mods that use the TSLPatcher to the TSLRCM folder is both appropriate and required. This would also lead me to recommend downloading M4-78EP as the .exe (in other words, not from Steam Workshop) and direct it to this TSLRCM folder as well...

@aslunruler I can give it a try but I'm kind of burnt out from fiddling with everything today. So maybe tomorrow I can have a look at it.

@Fair That's exactly what I did was install TSLRCM through the workshop then downloaded and installed M4-78 from here and then installed the rest of my mods. Everything seemed to working fine until I got to the first workbench.

Can anyone confirm where the first instance is that the saber console can be used because I thought it could be used at any workbench?

PS-I installed the TOR HK skinpack and that worked as well as various texture mods like Peragus OTE, animated galaxy map, 4K Atton,Improved Realistic Effect Retexture Mod, Panel Overhaul and others that all worked by installing them into the override folder in the TSLRCM workshop .

I hate to necro threads, but I am having the same exact problem, I did notice something though. If you are near a light source, this clipping / shining texture does not happen, it only happens when you are in shadow. Interesting. Anyone have a solution for this yet?

HkPCfNg.png

and

0t7Xg0f.png

I found a fix. :D

Here is what you have to do:

Go to your SWKotOR II installation directory, open your "swkotor2.ini" scroll down to to the [Graphic Options] search for and find "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" now; simply put spaces between each word so it looks like this "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" If the line isn't there, just add it under [Graphic Options] at the end.

I leave this here, for in case someone needs to find the solution one day.

• Like 5

I found a fix. :D

Here is what you have to do:

Go to your SWKotOR II installation directory, open your "swkotor2.ini" scroll down to to the [Graphic Options] search for and find "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" now; simply put spaces between each word so it looks like this "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" If the line isn't there, just add it under [Graphic Options] at the end.

I leave this here, for in case someone needs to find the solution one day.

YES, Thank You. So simple but fixed all hilt textures being solid black for me.

Just gonna leave this here incase anyone else has this problem.  Legacy-ZA's above solution DOES work, but equipping any lightsaber by SLM causes my game to crash with the update they did with TSL.  The only fix I was able to find was to revert back to the old TSL and this stopped the crashes.