Jake_A_Reed

Kotor tool not saving rows in itemcreate.2da

Hello friends.

So I'm trying to make a quick mod to add some decent weapons to the workbench and from what I have seen on the internet all I have to do is add a row, add a tag of an item in game (if im not using a custom one) and fill out the skills etc.

I add the row with something like w_blaste_26 (micro pulse blaster) and then save the file.... but then if I open it again that row is missing.  I assume I'm missing a key part here. Do I have to define the components required in a .uti file and add those as well before the kotor tool will recognize it and save it?

I was using another mod with some custom items and was merging them with another mod just fine, since it seemed to detect that the items were there, so its saving fine just not when I try to add new items.

So, anyone know what I'm missing?

Most likely it's the fact that in KotOR Tool, you need to click somewhere else in the file for KT to "know" that the new data is added before it can be saved.

Most likely it's the fact that in KotOR Tool, you need to click somewhere else in the file for KT to "know" that the new data is added before it can be saved.

I think I figured it out. Turns out the XXXX in the last row isnt **** even though it looks like it is.  Thanks for the quick reply though!