Sign in to follow this  
batu222

KOTOR I mod isn't working.

Welcome. 

I'm a new user on that forum so if that subject is in bad place, please just move it somewhere else. :)

But let's start with my problem..

So I wanted to play one mod. Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomon's Revenge. I found a working DL, I downloaded it, installed and the problems happened..

I have a clean game (without any other mods), I tried playing but I'm getting crashes and game stops at loading screen/s.  I guess it's because I have a non-english version of the game. So I downloaded english dialog.tlk file, so I see only english subbtitles etc. Still not working.. Still the same problem with crashing or it stops at loading screen/s or I can't talk with other NPCs. 

Do you have any ideas what should I do? 

(Instead of buying game on Steam where it's only in english?)

Thx for any help.  

I play on PC, Windows 8.1, but in normal game everything is OK. I mean I have a widescreen and it works fine. Just everything is good, but it looks like only at loading screens (when it comes to change a module) it stops at 3/4. As I said for this mod I'm using an english dialog.tlk file, so all descriptions etc. are in english and I can see mod content. When I play with my dialog.tlk file, everything works. I don't have any crashes or it doesn't stop at loading screens.  The whole game is all right. But even if I try with my dialog.tlk file (so I don't see descriptions of items from mod) it's the same. With or without. 

Ok so I stopped working on it but I returned to it recently. The only thing that I found out is that without patch 1.1 game runs well (ofc not including bugs without that patch). It's very strange, isn't it?

I'm just a little bit afraid that this mod might not work as it should to be (Idk, if anyone here played that mod, please write if you had any problems with version 1.0) but so far so good :)

The patch fixes some bugs, but I'd guess the mod should still be playable... have you tried redownloading the patch? Maybe there's something wrong with your download. Or, maybe the patch simply did something your system didn't like, though I don't understand why...