dshoub

Help with steps to enable widescreen on kotor 2

I need assistance in enabling widescreen on kotor 2. If it's relevant, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I've followed the steps to install kotor 2 on a Windows 7 system, I've patched it, installed the HQ videos and music, and installed TSLRCM 1.8.3. The final step is enabling widescreen capability but I'm stumped. I don't know which programs I need and which programs I don't need, and I don't know the proper order of installation. The following is a list of the items I've downloaded:

-- uniws

-- kotor2-16x9-hud (it's a winrar archive that contains the file mipc28x6_p.gui, I think it might go in the override folder)

-- squizzy kotor 2 resolution patcher

-- widescreen ui fix for knights of the old republic 2: the sith lords 3.0 (made by achilles, I downloaded it from here)

Can anyone familiar with the process provide clear instructions on the steps to enable widescreen functionality on kotor 2? (kotor 1 was so much simpler) The websites I've found provide instructions, but they are all frustrating incomplete or confusing to me. Do I need all the files I've listed? Am I missing some? What's the install order? etc. etc.

Thanks for your help!

First off, thank you for responding, I really appreciate the assistance.

Yeah I saw that video, the guy is talking about enabling widescreen on a steam version and I have the original retail copy of the game (I probably should have specified that, sorry), and it's patched to 1.0b.

I was afraid to follow the instructions in the video because I didn't know if the steam method and the retail method were compatible, and I really, really didn't want to screw it up and have to uninstall and reinstall everything, starting all over from scratch. However, that being said I just decided to go for it and see what happens and everything seems to be working alright.

Thanks for your assistance!

From what I recall, you should be able to use that method on the standard versions. Perhaps you could confirm that for us and the video author (Xuul)?

As I said, everything seems to be working alright. Granted I haven't attempted to start a campaign, however launching the game, accessing the menus, etc. all work and are in widescreen. As far as I know the HUD fixes are separate so they should work too. Once I get around to starting a new game I'll let you know if I encounter any issues, but I feel it's safe to assume the operation was a success.

unfortunately for me the squizzy causes my steam to crash soon as I try to load, or just after the screen crawl.