Darth Radel

How to install the mod?

Stupid question but how to install the game? I've downloaded that TSLRCM1.6a.exe (The mod + nar shaddaa fix). ;)

I have win 7 will I able to install the mod? And will I need the latest patch?

Edited by Darth Radel

Guest DH-010

Do you mean the main game itself (ie. how to install on Vista, for example), or only the TSLRCM mod?

If you mean the mod, do the following:

If you've downloaded the .exe, it's very simple...

Short Version:

- Run it, follow it's instructions.

- Play the Game.

Long version:

- After installing the game, update it with the official patches from LucasArts (found at their site > support).

- Then, run the TSLRCM exe file, preferably from the desktop.

- Follow this installer's instructions until it asks you where the KOTOR 2 game is placed on your computer.

- Check if this is correct (for most users it would be C:/Program Files/LucasArts...) and change it if necessary, continue on.

- Now you can change the in-game language in the menu, if your original KOTOR 2 is not English, and continue.

- After a final check, click the 'Install' button and wait a moment.

- When it's finished, run the game through the usual shortcuts. The game's launcher should now be updated with a new image and it says 'The Sith Lord Restored Content Modification' underneath the title.

- If that's the case, you're done. Have fun. ;)

Guest DH-010

If you have the installer .exe file (which you have), you don't have to do anything about that.

With the 'Patcher versions' of the older TSRCMs (1.4 and 1.5) you had to uncheck the 'Read-Only' boxes on certain KOTOR files, for the mod to work. But like I said, that's no longer needed with the exe. You should be good to go without ever touching any of the actual game-files.

Guest Senka

- When it's finished, run the game through the usual shortcuts. The game's launcher should now be updated with a new image and it says 'The Sith Lord Restored Content Modification' underneath the title.

There is no change... the image is the same. But there are no mistakes during installation.

I have the same problem as Senka, I am running Windows 7 32bit and I have swapped the mss32.dll file so that the game will work. also when i look in the modules folder i dont see any change or any of the .mod files.

If there isn't a change, I'd be surprised if it installed correctly. If you've told it install into the wrong folder, there won't be any errors during install (as far as I know), it just won't work.

Actually I think I might have just solved the problem. you see the default loaction for the TSLRCM on my computer was C:Program FilesProgram FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2 when it should of been C:Program FilesLucasArtsSWKotOR2.

Guest Senka

I mean that the image is the same... I don't see "The game's launcher should now be updated with a new image and it says 'The Sith Lord Restored Content Modification' underneath the title."

And I use XP SP3 now.

Guest DH-010

If the Launcher has not been updated, you probably installed the mod in a 'doubled' Program Files folder, like bjm1702 says.

I actually thought they'd (I'm not part of the team) fixed this glitch in the installer already, but perhaps not.

Check if you have another, new, Program Files folder in the Program Files folder on you main drive, which contains the mod files. If so, delete those and install again. Only this time, watch for the double 'Program Files' in the path line.

If the mod is installed in the correct place, the launcher updates to a newer image. This is the only way to be sure the mod installed correctly.

Guest Senka

I never install games in Program Files ;) My path is c:gamesKOTOR II or something else :P I see changes in game... But I have some sort of Ukrainian localisation and cannot patch the game.

And I have another problen: saves does not load... I'm afraid this is due to ATI.