jabu

Request: Default appearance for all companions

I think it goes without saying that the default character designs are better looking than 90% of the dropped gear, (save Mira maybe). Kreia and Visas keep their default look regardless of what they're equipped with; why shouldn't the rest of your party? It'd be kind of cool if you could pick and choose which characters have this enabled, but that's a minor concern.  I've looked around but haven't found a mod that purports to do this.

I'm mostly interested in a hypothetical TSL version of this, but perhaps the solution would be similar for both games.

Thanks for any replies. And a sincere thanks to the general community; you've done a great job keeping this game's legacy alive. Who knows how many people only played TSL because of all the hubbub surrounding the restoration releases. Who knows whether there would have been a Steam release at all without it.

Who knows whether there would have been a Steam release at all without it.

Definitely not a coincidence that it was released on Steam shortly after 1.8.0 came out!

I have no doubt in my mind that LucasArts will get in touch with you when they're ready to start work on KotOR 3 (or would that be 7 or 8 if you consider BioWare's stance on TOR). (Yes that was sarcasm).

But back to the original topic, since it seems a mod like this doesn't exist and no one atm sounds interested, could someone point me towards the tools/method I'd hypothetically have to use to make it myself? I know there's a list of Kotor modding tools but I have no idea where to get started. If someone has a suggestion as how to go about making this mod without actually doing the work (that is without *you* doing the work), that would be rad.

Thanks.

I'm not really a modeller. I assume best bet is look at Kreia and Visas under appearance.2da.

You probably need to morph the head and skin into a single overachieving file instead of 2 seperate, then add those as new appearance line, but... don't ask me how (the morphing, adding it to appearance.2da is easy).

I'm not really a modeller. I assume best bet is look at Kreia and Visas under appearance.2da.

You probably need to morph the head and skin into a single overachieving file instead of 2 seperate, then add those as new appearance line, but... don't ask me how (the morphing, adding it to appearance.2da is easy).

Thank you, will mess around a bit.