steveb

[IDEA]Mods Compilation

Hello everyone, am new on this board but not new to the SW franchise or the modding of games.

First i would like to give my thanks to you guys, working on the TSLRCM for the great experience. Good job! It is fun playing an old game but with a new vision and am looking forward to trying 1.7 as soon as it is released.

Now going to the modding part. it is a big pity to see that many mods, some of them that are really great, do not work nicely with TSLRCM. I, myself, have a bunch of mods in my override folder and with a few tweaks and small modifications i got them to work. of course a few missing npcs here and there that do not spawn, some workarounds to advance the game without crashes but it works.

Now to get to the point: I was thinking about making a compilation of mods with TSLRCM as a base. Why? because it keeps on the "original" story line if not is even better. And on top of that we would add as much content as possible for all the people that like to do sidequests and small plots aside from the main story. there are lots of these mods around. with some small visual updates, like better textures, nicer items and clothing, am sure TSL will look much better.

An ambitious project but in my opinion, it is doable. How would this work? well we will make a selection of mods, ask for the required permission from authors and make them compatible with one-another. i am willing to try that but i need some help/feedback/support or whatever. i know a lot about KOTOR game files, structures and the use of the tools available. the only thing i lack is scripting skills.

So? what do you guys think about this? am sure lots of people have made their own little edits to mods in their override folder for compatibility so why not do it public?

Hey, welcome to the forums.

As to your idea, I like the concept but I'm not entirely sure it's feasible.

The main reason is the kotor modders are notoriously bitchy about people using their work, for reasons I cannot fathom. In my illustrious experience, this is the only modding community where people actually get offended if others borrow their work...

I think maybe the better way would be to make compatibly patches, like the one for the tomb of azgath n'dul that we had in 1.5

Guest bendarby24

i cant help with the moding ...... but i think this is a good idear ...i would love some compatiblitys ...... i have done what he has done made tweaks with mods .... i think u should do one that opens the kounda's privert doors and put i littal side quest in there...... but there are some really good mods that i would like to play with but....you now .... e.g. 90 k's super content mod....telos polar side quest.....TSL Onderon Palace Expanded

@Working Class Hero: As said in my post... authors will be asked for permission or even better, they can contribute/work on the "project" and credits will be given where due... oh and thanks for the welcome :D

@bendarby24: those are a few examples that i had in mind, mods that add side quests and plots and enhance the existing things in the game. i mean... come on, cities in the game should be a bit more populated and more things to do ;)

oh and by the way... i did not say that we start a new mod, "borrow" things from other people and call it our own, no! we will put mods together as a compilation and not as "another mod".

Edited by steveb

I support the idea of compiling mods into one simple installation for TSL. It would be a great asset to have such a mod, but I think that TSLRCM wants to cover only the cut content from the game.

We have to agree that only cut content should be in TSLRCM, because that is its name.

Now, what I propose is to make a TSLRCM compatible mod with all the essential mods included that give us new planets, like Coruscant Jedi Temple (but with more detail coverage, more quests and NPCs), new side-quests, and more game play.

There should also be made a single mod including mods that changes sounds, clothes, heads, and other details, which don't make a difference by themselves, but make a nice change and a feeling of playing a new game.

I also think there should be one single mod that includes mods that changes the loading screens, interface and other content related to the interface.

Just an encouragement for modders. I think this project should be done, because with all of this made the game would gain a different experience for all involved.

With the experience they have in modding, maybe one day, if they work together, they could make KOTOR III of their own.

All they would need is a good plot, which I could provide. :)