Sign in to follow this  
Kate The Bionic Uterus

Valve announces SteamOS, a living-room operating system for games

WoW the future of gaming without windows live? F*CK YEAH! I have been waiting years for Linux to come of age. Linux has been used by the military and banking institutions and telephone companies but this really is a white light shining the into the future.

I hope this means that the future of gaming tower PCs will start to climb again so the pricing comes down. I also hope that I can start to use a Linux OS again to play KOTOR 1&2, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skirim and other video games.

It's a must read; http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/23/4762370/steam-box-os/in/3514777

post-10177-0-69356600-1379993724_thumb.jpg

This looks to be very interesting - I'm not sure how they're going to have current games compatible with it, but I'll keep watching it (the main Steam news I'm waiting for is the announcement fo the Halo trilogy (haven't heard good things about Reclaimer) - it's bound to happen, and I'm thinking June).

This looks to be very interesting - I'm not sure how they're going to have current games compatible with it, but I'll keep watching it (the main Steam news I'm waiting for is the announcement fo the Halo trilogy (haven't heard good things about Reclaimer) - it's bound to happen, and I'm thinking June).

Well if what they are saying is true, Valve and steam are going head to head against Microsoft and want to destroy them and take down play station too. I don't understand you other comment on your page that said microsoft is going to steam. I don't think that is ever going to happen. Steam and Valve are setting themselves up as a competitor to Microsoft. They are anti microsoft since win8 came out and it is why steam and valve came together from what I have read. I have been following this for a while. You can find all the articals that have been written about this on the verge link. They have a special page that has real time updates on this whole story and you can go back and read every update.

I meant that Microsoft should admit they can't compete with the gaming juggernaut of Steam, so they're no longer bothering to try and make it without coorperating (Age of Empires II got a Steam-only HD remake and Workshop support - Microsoft would never have done that before).

Anyway, back on topic, less than half an hour to the next announcement!

WoW! I mean this is really sick! I am super excited about this. Here's the update page so everybody can read about it; http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/10/3750736/valve-steam-engine-console Update 21 came out today and it is a must read. Here's the steam link if you want to sign up to be a beta tester http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/ It is probably too late now :pc:

The next update is Friday and hopefully they'll tell us more details about the OS and the machine/box specs and stuff.