Sign in to follow this  
ZM90

K1R Demo 2.0 Coming Soon?

List of changes from original demo to the new one thus far......

Fixes

- Fixed broken Dantooine Murder Quest

- Fixed missing locker in Vulkar Base along with another Vulkar Base fix.

- Fixed Lower City.

- Fixed Undercity bug with no disappearing children.

- Fixed Sarna/Yungenda no lip synch.

- Fixed Niklos bug.

Restorations

- Restored the Sith Armor Quest to the way it was originally intended.

- Restored Trask Sound Set.

- Restored getting the Passcard off of Sarna/Yun Genda after winning the Swoop Race and talking to Canderous instead of the shortcut of getting the passcard with the armor.

- Restored Droid Bartender in Taris Upper City Cantina.

- Restored Carth Dialog about watching out for Kath Hounds on Dantooine.

- Restored Carth Dialog about droids during Sandral/Matale Feud.

- Restored Bastila Dialog about the crystals in the Dantooine Crystal Cave.

- Restored Crattius Dialog where he asks the player to let him purchase Jedi crystals.

- Restored Republic Security on Dantooine that was supposed to tell the player to be careful of Kath Hounds.

Anyway I'm not sure when this fixed demo is coming since more bugs could still crop up, all I know is that it is going to come your way.  As for why the fixed version is so late?  Well let's just say we were working on other areas and I got tired of being stuck on Taris.  You can go ahead and thank Fallen Guardian for what was done on Taris and the Trask sound set.

Anyway I'm just letting you guys know the project is still very much alive and you can expect something. Sorry to go silent for so long, let's just say I'm finally starting to get some time back for myself.

PS:  All that extra content, well I hope it's going to make up for the wait of the demo not getting fixed for so long.

• If you side with the Vulkars and are about to begin the first swoop race, Zaerdra still contacts you on the communicator. She was long dead at this point in my playthrough. Even if she had cheats enabled, she wouldn't contact a Black Vulkar swoop rider.
  • Shouldn't the Hidden Beks patrolling the main throughfare in the Lower City become hostile if you kill Gadon? The guard at the entrance to the Bek base attacks you; the remaining Hidden Beks should follow suit.
  • 'moral' should be "morale"
Any word on the above issues I reported last year from a dark side playthrough?  FG said the Zaerdra one is a simple conditional check.

Other than that, I am looking forward to the new release!  Thanks for your hard work.

Well guys looks like the Taris Cantina is going to be the road block to the release of Demo 2.0 because the duel arena seems to mess up if the cantina is modified at all, even though we DIDN'T touch the duel arena.  Now we seem to have a bug with being unable to finish the quest since we can't fight Gerlon in addition to the Bendak bug.  I'll tell you this, the Taris duel area is a strange beast and it may have to be rebuilt from the ground up to work with K1R.  Rebuilding it from the ground up however gives us the opportunity to have the duel ring as Bioware originally intended like boos whenever Deadeye's name is mentioned and lighting effects during the PC vs Bendak cut scene.

So...when are you going to release it ?

Don't ask for release dates, I'm sure that they are working on it when they can. Modding is a very long and painstaking process.

ZM90 and I have had some stuff going on in our respective lives as of late that have left little room for modding. I was hoping to have time today, but I had only enough time to upload Dustil Restoration and make release threads for it.

Hopefully I'll have time this week - I definitely will have time this weekend at the latest.