Sign in to follow this  
Icewolfer93

KOTOR II and High Resolutions?

So I finally am back in KOTOR II, got the game to install properly in Windows 8 etc...

However I had this problem before that I never could get working properly. Whenever I start the game no matter what .ini settings I change or etc. The game is stuck in a Significantly boxed state, starts in windowed mode, and cannot seem to go beyond a 1024x768 screen resolution. Is there any way to get the game to fill my screen even at a low resolution? I've heard of random posts concerning widescreen mods or high resolution mods. What's the best way to get the highest resolution possible in fullscreen in Windows7/8 for KOTOR II?

Additionally now, I've started playing the games and just completed Peragus. However I'm experiencing further video/audio issues with TSLRCM.

Most video clips (when cinematic happens) the audio cuts out and no longer plays. When the game "resumes" the audio is back.

Additionally when certain scenes were playing on Peragus, it would skip a character's dialogue, show the subtitles for what they were to have said, but the audio never happened.

Any thoughts on how to fix all this, along with the boxed screen and resolution issues?

" Additionally when certain scenes were playing on Peragus, it would skip a character's dialogue, show the subtitles for what they were to have said, but the audio never happened."

Sounds like the engine bug... The subtitles go by fast, right? If that happens - save and restart the game.

From what I've found Win 7/8 won't work with full wide screen mode even if you edit the .ini file and download the patch/mod.

" Additionally when certain scenes were playing on Peragus, it would skip a character's dialogue, show the subtitles for what they were to have said, but the audio never happened."

Sounds like the engine bug... The subtitles go by fast, right? If that happens - save and restart the game.

I have progressed further in the game, and the audio/video issue has happened only once since Peragus. Now that I am on the Telos Station I have not experienced any dialogue/audio errors.

Answer: The biggest part of your problem is WIndows 8. It has issues like you wouldn't believe. Enough that it makes Vista a success. 8 is designed for a tablet or phone not a PC.

Statement: As for the audio video issues, I still attribute that to Win8, but it could be a conflicting mod if you have any other than TSLRCM.

Query: What other mods do you have besides TSLRCM?

Agreement: Yes, there is no widescreen for TSL. It doesn't know what that is. I've personally tried the .ini editing to get it, but it didn't work for me. I may have done something wrong though so I'll have to try it again.

Answer: The biggest part of your problem is WIndows 8. It has issues like you wouldn't believe. Enough that it makes Vista a success. 8 is designed for a tablet or phone not a PC.

Statement: As for the audio video issues, I still attribute that to Win8, but it could be a conflicting mod if you have any other than TSLRCM.

Agreement: Yes, there is no widescreen for TSL. It doesn't know what that is. I've personally tried the .ini editing to get it, but it didn't work for me. I may have done something wrong though so I'll have to try it again.

I have absolutely no other mods installed.

And I've actually found KOTOR II to be more stable on Windows 8 than when I ran it on Windows 7, and then Vista don't make me laugh.

I've been searching for quite some time for a non problematic widescreen/high resolution mod to no avail.

Also in the installation instructions on here I read of a "high quality" video/audio mod, where is that? Is it worth it?

Actually for those interested in widescreen for TSL, check out...http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_%E2%80%93_The_Sith_Lords

It works very well for me on Windows 7 and 8(least so far).

really? Are you playing without 1.0b? 'Cause UniWS doesn't work with that.

and @OP: Boxed state? You mean lines on the site? I wish I'd get them :P

In-game resolution goes up to 1280x1024 and fills the whole screen without lines. Ofc that's 5:4 and on widescreen makes all the chars look like they REALLY enjoy the "Hutt Size" menus from Czerkas newest foray into the fast-food business...

I'm gonna try windowed mode but thas has issues too, or so I'm reading.

I have absolutely no other mods installed.

And I've actually found KOTOR II to be more stable on Windows 8 than when I ran it on Windows 7, and then Vista don't make me laugh.

I've been searching for quite some time for a non problematic widescreen/high resolution mod to no avail.

Also in the installation instructions on here I read of a "high quality" video/audio mod, where is that? Is it worth it?

There's definitely a widescreen hack out there, but we can't openly discuss it here anymore. Try the Widescreen Gaming Forum.

As for the high-quality music/movies patches, the music is worth getting, but you're better off sticking with the regular movies for now.