Fair Strides

NWN Adaptability

Hey guys! My comp is giving me a hassle:First it crashes, then the power box shorts out, and now I have "Video card or chip" errors when trying to turn on the power.

But, I'm still going to progress with this. This is basically an idea I got while going through NWN's include files in the Lexicon. I think that it is possible to re-create some of the scripts in the Lexicon for use in the Kotor games. I already had/have two from the one of the destruction includes from the Lexicon. The first one counts the number of objects with sTag:

int GetNumObjectsWithTag(string sTag)
{
[i]  	[/i]int Nth = 0;
 	int Number = 0;
 	object oItem = GetObjectByTag(sTag, Nth);
 	while(GetIsObjectValid(oItem))
 	{
   		Number++;
   		Nth++;
   		oItem = GetObjectByTag(sTag, Nth);
 	}
 	return Number;
}

This should work. I carried it in my head for the past 5 days, so it might not be accurate. A way of testing it is by spawning four of something, say a boma( put "c_boma01" with the quotes in place of string sTag), and then make and fire a script with this code in it:

#include "<whatever you named the file with the above function>"

void main()
{
 	string message = "There are " + IntToString(GetNumObjectsWithTag("c_boma01")) + "bomas around.";
 	SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), message);
}

If it doesn't report right, try changing "int Nth = 0;" to "int Nth = 1;". The second code I will post when I have access to a computer I can mod on to see that it works before posting it. The gist of it is:

void DestroyObjectsWihTag(string sTag)
{
[i]  	[/i]int Nth = 0;
 	int Max = GetNumObjectsWithTag(sTag);

int current;
 	for(current; current <= Max; current++)
 	{
   		oItem = GetObjectByTag(sTag, Nth);
   		DestroyObject(oItem);
   		Nth++;
 	}
}

Hopefully, you see the idea that I'm trying to get across. If you manage to find and "adapt" a script in working condition, please feel free to PM it to me, along with whatever name you want in the credits section, seeing as I intend to release this as a scripting resource.

Thank you for reading this, and until next time, see ya!