Sign in to follow this  
HK-777

Master Kavar Dialogue loop during fight

Trying to kill Kavar on Onderon as darksider. I take his health down to nothing and he says something, I reply with "I will beat you with your own tricks" or something like that. Fighting resumes and I again take down his health. The above dialogue repeats again and again every time I take his health down...

I don't know for sure what is causing this, might be cause I saved during the fight and reloaded. I was getting back to this character after working up a lightsider. I had upgraded to 1.6a during this time from 1.5 and the separate patch.

Any advice?

Can't go back to before entering the palace, unfortunately. I got into the habit of quick-saving too much. Previous save to that is before Vaklu even calls you up to come back and help take down Talia & before the alt. party excursion on Dxun/Freedon Nadd's tomb. Think I was doing Dantooine as I saved Vrook for nearly last cause I wanted to stomp him into the dirt rather than run away from him using cheap tricks to win. I pretty much took the planets in reverse to what you would normally do.

Yeah, I can't speak for the modders but I know from experience a lot of problems with the game are temporary glitches that go away as soon as you restart the game and try the same thing again. That's irrelevant to any particular mod, including this one. And yeah saving in the middle of scripted things can sometimes cause problems.

Guest staticjoe66

My first question would be what, if any, other mods do you have installed? If no other mods are installed then Markus' suggestion would be the best course of action

Trying to kill Kavar on Onderon as darksider. I take his health down to nothing and he says something, I reply with "I will beat you with your own tricks" or something like that. Fighting resumes and I again take down his health. The above dialogue repeats again and again every time I take his health down...

I don't know for sure what is causing this, might be cause I saved during the fight and reloaded. I was getting back to this character after working up a lightsider. I had upgraded to 1.6a during this time from 1.5 and the separate patch.

Any advice?