Darth_Sapiens

TSL Assets: Which Ones Remain from KotOR1?

I'm wondering, exactly what did TSL inherit (resource wise) from KotOR (modules, models, items etc) because if there was enough, I was wondering about remaking KotOR 1 with the TSL engine.

Just imagine, no 20 level limit, new force powers, better upgrade system. (LOL) TSL has a better engine, but KotOR is dear to my heart. So any idea?

Well even if you recreated all of the items, modules, and models that are exclusive to KotOR - you'd still be lacking the voices. You can't port KotOR voices into TSL.

In addition, some relevant excerpts from the TSL End of User License Agreement:

All rights not specifically granted under this Agreement are reserved by LucasArts and, as applicable, their licensors. You may not:

(3) modify or prepare derivative works of the Software, except as otherwise may be allowed herein

(6) design or distribute unauthorized levels

For this reason, it is against Deadly Stream policy to port assets from one game to another. We do not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.

yeah i thought about that, are they the same encodinge and every thing, because, if some owned both games could he not use the voices from kotor in tsl? i dont think one could legally re-upload them. but if, some one created a mod with the legally uploadable parts, and provided a instructions on getting the required assets from kotor and installing them to complete the mod?

yeah i thought about that, are they the same encodinge and every thing, because, if some owned both games could he not use the voices from kotor in tsl? i dont think one could legally re-upload them. but if, some one created a mod with the legally uploadable parts, and provided a instructions on getting the required assets from kotor and installing them to complete the mod?

We do not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods,

I think you missed the warning.