Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Exporting from Gmax?

I'm trying to remove the cape from Sithspecter's "Revan's flowing cape and belt" mod, since I like the capeless model but want to keep the non-clipping belt. The cape is easy to remove, but I can't seem to export it properly. Either it crashes in the export process, doesn't crash but doesn't export either, or exports a model that doesn't work in-game (either makes the game crash or has no animations).

I have the latest versions of gmax and Nwmax. The only way I could even get the option to export as .mdl was by running this script: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=149 Oddly enough no tutorial features this script or tells you another way to export as .mdl.

You don't need to use this script.

In gMax, after you remove the cape, select aurora base (for Revan model it should be called N_DarthRevan if I remember right), go to the modifiers tab, select path to your export directory and click "export model+anim"

post-8930-0-84736800-1343328977_thumb.jpg

Ah, thanks for the Aurora Base tip. I never knew what that meant until now.

So I was able to export it, read&write it in MDLOps, but once I tested it out ingame I just got this:

KotOR0000i.jpg

Which version of MDLOps you using? For character models I recommend to use 0.6 - it works much better then 0.5.

BTW, you may want to check this tutorial. This method of removing body parts is a little more difficult, but less buggy.

I'm using MDLOps 0.5, I didn't even know there was a later version. Thanks for the heads up.

And I'll try that tutorial out, thanks for the link.

Update: MDLops 0.6 (1) at least put my character in one piece, but now half of my body is underground. It's also this way in gmax. Moving the body around in gmax doesn't seem to fix anything in-game.

I am importing the model with animations & geometry, if that makes a difference.

Update 2: Finally got it to work. Turns out I had to compile the original N_DarthRevan.mdl in MDLOps 0.6.

For some strange reason the final product doesn't have sound for the "attack" and "flourish" in-game lightsaber animations. The power-up and power-down sounds are still there though.