Sign in to follow this  
Breaker12

Thanks and questions about TSL with Win 7.

First I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who has modded both KOTOR AND TSL it's great to see a community coming together to improve these games and add more and more to the games. I've recently updated my systems OS to windows 7 and while KOTOR and all the mods are working, TSL won't load up after installation. Has anyone encountered these issues with WIn 7?

Thanks.

-Breaker12

If you have a somewhat new nvidia card (considering the release date of the game) there are some problems with these "new" cards.If so there is an easy fix - type "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" without the quotes of course in graphic options of the swkotor2 file(the .ini or for windows7 the configuration file not the .exe one) in your instalation folder. It should look something like this :

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=0

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=2

Grass=1

Soft Shadows=1

Shadows=1

Brightness=57

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Also, did you make sure to use the Vista fix? I've heard it helps with Windows7 too (TSL Windows Vista Fix). I originally had some issues changing the ini or installing mods until I got some advice from here to install to the desktop instead of the Program Files directories. Newer versions of Windows try to write protect everything in there.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I do indeed have a newer graphics card (Nvidia GT520) and I've ammended the ini. folder this has fixed things for me Much appreciated folks! :)