Mandalore

Mandalore's Journeys with Empire at War

Sith Holocron asked me to do a blog of my experiences with EaW, & it's got to be here as I'm only allowed one actual blog.

So, Here we go:

What I've done so far:

Well, I'm working on the Imperial campaign, base EaW (not using FoC yet). Currently trying desparately to subdue the space forces of Mon Calamari (Mission 5). Up to this point, I've been going pretty well, making a terrible enemy of the Black Sun Pirates. We don't need criminals though. We're the Galactic Empire. Who needs gangsters when you've got a galaxy, with Dark Lords of the Sith at its head? So we've been carving away at their territory, up to the point where we've forced them out of every base, haven & stronghold they have until they concentrate all their forces on Taris, as it's the only planet they have left. We'd take it right now, but there are more pressing matters to deal with at the behest of the Emperor himself.

These pressing matters being the elimination of Mon Calamari as a threat.

That makes it sound simple and straightforward, but that's in reality the opposite of what it is. The assault force I've got prepared for this invasion consists of three Acclamator-class cruisers, five Tartan patrol ships, and a Victory cruiser with a Fleet Commander aboard. If only it really was a cruiser that brought Victory. There's no way we can stand against the Mon Cal Capital ships that get thrown at us every time, not without our own Star Destroyers! It's hopeless without more firepower. I've tried different tactics, a Thrawnite analysis of the Mon Calamari people, but it's simply a wasted effort. We just can't take the planet without better ships. Though I do believe Thrawn himself could do it, he's not here to carry it out. I am. So I suppose I'll just have to make do with what I've got and hope for battle.

Mon Calamari is ours. With the space forces eliminated, the ground defences quickly surrendered to Imperial control. The secret to victory wasn't better ships, it was simply more of what I already had.

I diverted the assault force to finally crush the Black Sun Pirates, taking Taris for the Empire. We then quickly moved on the Rebel outpost of Dagobah, with Lord Vader himself leading the attack at the head of our stormtrooper legions. For a while before we took the planet in its entirety we had a space fleet blockading it, neutralising it as a threat but not as a presence until we had the time to complete its assimilation into Imperial leadership. That changed when the Dark Lord ordered its end and brought several platoons of his own troops to carry out the task. We lost two stormtroopers and an AT-ST to Rebel forces. The Rebel forces lost their lives, their equipment and everything they'd built on the planet. That blockade was then converted to the defence force, and Lord Vader brought the same ground assault force to Byss, the Rebels' last stronghold save Mon Calamari itself. That planet was also blockaded, again allowing us to take the ground immediately. We had the advantage there, the advantage of Imperial sympathisers able and willing to aid us on the ground. The planet was ours soon after we arrived.

Using the additional starship capacity we gained from these acquisitions, the Mon Calamari Invasion Fleet was doubled from the original size, along with a trio of Broadside Cruisers and Darth Vader's presence. We still lost most of the fleet to the enemy, but we took the planet.

My next assignment is the repression of a small uprising on Kashyyyk, led by a defective pilot named Solo. Let the Emperor's will be done, or let his apprentice exact his punishment.

Solo was routed. Lord Vader led the measures against his little uprising, and it was not long until he fled. The remnants of the enemy were quickly dealt with after that.

Following this, I was contacted by Colonel Veers to examine his new weapon, the All Terrain Armoured Transport. A remarkable machine, to say the least. Nearing the end of his demonstration, we were ambushed by a group of Rebels that truly did not stand a chance against us. They were destroyed almost immediately.

The Emperor then requested I find whoever it was that informed the Rebels of the test, however I have taken a leave of absence from his service to focus my efforts on rebuilding the Zann Consortium.

My work under Tyber Zann is going very well, will both greater pay and greater chance of survival than working udner Lord Vader. We have not taken many worlds directly, however all of the planets we are capable of reaching are under the influence of our corruption. We have wounded Jabba the Hutt, been a great hindrance to the Empire, and are manipulating the Rebellion. Overall, an excellent time for the Consortium. We now move towards the Nightsisters of Dathomir in attempt to gain the power necessary to open the artifact stolen from Jabba so long ago. Our progress is swift.