Sign in to follow this  
CapitaineSpoque

[FIXED] Attribute damage effect script ?

So i'm currently doing a Shock Arm for T3 that replicates the one from TSL. I wanted to try some variations. With this one i want to reduce wisdom attribute if the fortitude save is not passed by the target

// T3-M4 Shock arm
// Modified stun droid script by ZobiZob
// K1
#include "k_inc_force"

void main ()
        {

object oTarget = GetSpellTargetObject();
    	effect eLink1;
    	effect eInvalid;

SWFP_HARMFUL = TRUE;
	int nDamage = (GetHitDice(OBJECT_SELF))/2;
	SWFP_DAMAGE = d6(nDamage);
	SWFP_DAMAGE_TYPE= DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICAL;
       int DCSAVE = (5 + (GetHitDice(OBJECT_SELF)));

eLink1 = EffectBeam(2066, OBJECT_SELF, BODY_NODE_HAND);
        eLink1 = EffectLinkEffects(eLink1, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_S));
        effect eDamage;
        effect eAdamage = EffectAbilityDecrease(ABILITY_WISDOM, 1);

SignalEvent(oTarget, EventSpellCastAt(OBJECT_SELF, GetSpellId(), SWFP_HARMFUL));

ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eLink1, oTarget, fLightningDuration);

if((FortitudeSave(oTarget, DCSAVE, 8, OBJECT_SELF)) == 0)  {	
                        eDamage = EffectDamage(SWFP_DAMAGE, DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICAL);
                        ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eAdamage, oTarget, 30.0);
                        ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, oTarget);

}
                else
                    	{
                        eDamage = EffectDamage(SWFP_DAMAGE/2, DAMAGE_TYPE_ELECTRICAL);
                        ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, oTarget);
                        DisplayFeedBackText(oTarget, 2);
                    	}

}

However the attribute damage effect does not seem to be displayed in the feedback text in game.I tried to make a "SendMessageToPC" that would say "-1 to wisdom" but it does not display either.

Is it possible to display the effect in the feedback ? I tied the script to a droid and it does reduce the wisdom.

I think there is already a mod that adds this feature.

"1. Separate parts of T3-M4 are adapted to the first part of the game.  For the shock limb of the droid T3-M4, the nature of the damage has been changed: now it stuns the enemy, and the stunning power is one of the strongest in the game."

Not sure if this helps or not, I believe there are some things that don't get properly displayed in the feedback logs though I am not certain of the specifics.

37 minutes ago, CapitaineSpoque said:

Is it possible to display the effect in the feedback ? I tied the script to a droid and it does reduce the wisdom.

I think SendMessageToPC goes to a specific feedback and not the combat log but I cannot remember.

What you probably ought to do is set up an empty test room with a character, some dialog and some scripts to tinker with to ensure you can get something properly showing somewhere, perhaps you have used the function incorrectly.

• Like 1

Thx for the reply ! Gonna try things out.

EDIT So now the message displays properly with SendMessageToPc, i most likely mistargeted the thing, it works in the feedback now. Ty tho !

• Like 1