Sign in to follow this  
Lcg89281

M4-78 and Party Swap on Android?

Hello all. I am playing TSL on a Galaxy Tab A7. I I'm completely new to modding. I just successfully installed TSLCRM. Do M4-78 and Party Swap work on mobile? Will I have to use my laptop to install and then move them over USB? Explanation would be greatly appreciated. It literally took me about 2 hours to get TSLCRM to work. I think I'll probably do my first playthrough (in a decade that is) with just TSLCRM since I'm eager to stwant the aforementioned mods. I see the game as incomplete without them. God bless.

By the way I can see a few people asked this on Reddit and other places but it never really seems like anyone has gotten a clear answer and many of them are years old.

On 6/16/2024 at 8:15 AM, Lcg89281 said:

Do M4-78 and Party Swap work on mobile?

M4-78 was infamous for lag even on good PCs, are you sure you're willing to convert your Galaxy Tab A7 into a hand grenade?

In all seriousness, the current M4-78EP 1.4 is in a broken state at the moment so I would advise you don't try M4-78 on mobile.

On 6/16/2024 at 8:15 AM, Lcg89281 said:

Will I have to use my laptop to install and then move them over USB?

You'll have to do this for Party Swap, but whether it works or not is up to you to discover. Install Party Swap, play the game and if it works, it works... if it doesn't, you know for next time that it doesn't.

Not many modders play mobile games, we make mods on PC so why go through the extra hoops to mod a system which is inherently a downgrade from PC gaming? As long as it is installed properly via the TSL/HoloPatcher (not up to date with Party Swap) and is transferred to the mobile device via USB cable it should be fine.

12 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

M4-78 was infamous for lag even on good PCs, are you sure you're willing to convert your Galaxy Tab A7 into a hand grenade?

In all seriousness, the current M4-78EP 1.4 is in a broken state at the moment so I would advise you don't try M4-78 on mobile.

You'll have to do this for Party Swap, but whether it works or not is up to you to discover. Install Party Swap, play the game and if it works, it works... if it doesn't, you know for next time that it doesn't.

Not many modders play mobile games, we make mods on PC so why go through the extra hoops to mod a system which is inherently a downgrade from PC gaming? As long as it is installed properly via the TSL/HoloPatcher (not up to date with Party Swap) and is transferred to the mobile device via USB cable it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I have heard a lot of criticism of M4-78s story. Is that what you're referring to? Or do you mean broken in another way? Regardless, I will try what you explained with Party Swap and update here so people can know if it works on mobile.

After this playthrough I'm planning on getting both KOTORs on PC and doing a "perfect/canon" playthrough of each game back to back. That way when I get to KOTOR 2 I'll be able to use all three mods for a truly complete story. After this perfect playthrough of both I think I'm going to try to get into TOR MMO again. It would be a nice way to really immerse in the story. Sorry if no one cares haha.