Sign in to follow this  
blcv2

Blank main menu (kotor 1)

Posted (edited)

Not sure what is causing this, but I followed the instructions for all mods and uniws but when I start my game my screen looks like this. Any help?

1. Downloaded modded exe off deadlysteam

2. Use uniws to patch kotor 1 (1280x960)

3. downloaded (mod) moved over files from (2560x1440) into override

4. Use the hi res patcher included in the file and typed (2560), (1440), (no), (swkotor.exe)

5. downloaded (mod) and moved into override

6. Boot the game and my main menu looks like this and cant see anything:

20240517150809_1.jpg

Something I noticed when using the hi-res patcher, after pressing any key to continue windows asks to run the exe. and then the cmd prompt dissapears, not sure if this is suppose to happen or if I'm suppose to see something first?

Edited by blcv2

Make sure you edit your swkotor.ini to set the resolution under the [Graphics Options] section. For example:

[Graphics Options]
Width=2560
Height=1440

Also, I have always found the best results when telling UniWS to patch the 800x600 resolution. I have gotten issues when trying the others in the past.

Managed to get it to work by patching swkotor.exe out of the game folder, but now I can't get the game to start past character creator (I have soft shadows and frame buffering off)

I would recommend following the steps on PCGamingWiki for KoTOR.

It's generally recommended to use the (for 1024x768) UniWS patch.  

As stated earlier, the invisible menu is caused by incorrect resolution settings in swkotor.ini. You can either set the resolution there manually or you can launch the game and set the res there after applying the UniWS patch but before taking any other steps that change the interface, as they install files for very specific resolutions.