Anakinator

Change the length of the characters' lip movements in the dialogue

Greetings to all! 👋
I am a representative of the team for localization of the first Kotor into Russian. When voicing the game, we faced the problem that the character's replica in English sounds much faster than in Russian. If some words are removed from the replica, then the meaning changes too much. That is, for example, let's imagine Darth Malak talking and moving his lips:
"I will kill you, Revan, Bastille will belong to me!" in English for 3 seconds, and in Russian for 5. How do I get Malak to move his lips for 5 seconds instead of 3?
Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with modding in kotor. I tried to figure out the "LipSynchEditor", but I couldn't do it. In principle, we do not need the character to move his lips to match the Russian letters, it is important for us that he just somehow, however, move his lips for 5 seconds instead of 3.
Thanks to everyone who responds! 😌🙏

Hey!

reone toolkit has Compose LIP tool that can generate a LIP file from text and audio. It doesn't support Cyrillic, but you can mimic it by inserting similarly pronounced words from a dictionary. Alternatively, your best bet is probably scaling up individual keyframes in "LipSynchEditor", yes.

6 hours ago, seedhartha said:

Привет!

В набор инструментов reone входит инструмент Compose LIP, который может генерировать файл LIP из текста и аудио. Он не поддерживает кириллицу, но вы можете имитировать ее, вставляя слова со схожим произношением из словаря. В качестве альтернативы, лучше всего, вероятно, увеличить отдельные ключевые кадры в «LipSynchEditor», да.

Thank you so much for the reply!
Can you tell me more? Is there any instruction (preferably a video) on how to do what you have listed?)

So I have added Cyrillic support to the program, and in attached ZIP archive you will find it with a Russian pronounciation dictionary included:

• After opening toolkit.exe, click Tools -> Compose LIP
    • You should see the dialog like on the attached screenshot
  • Enter text in the field above
  • Click Load and open a .WAV or .MP3 audio file
    • You should see a black & white waveform when loaded
    • You can use this same app to extract and deobfuscate audio files from the game
  • Click Compose to generate a LIP file from text and audio, and follow the program instructions
  • If audio has pauses in it, as indicated by black lines on the waveform, use parentheses to create word groups
    • Number of word groups must exactly match number of non-silent spans on the waveform
  • Phonemes for each word are loaded from `ru.dic` file found in the program directory
    • When a word is not found in a dictionary, you can add your own definition in the Pronounciation area on the right. Don't forget to click Save.
    • When in doubt, copy pronouciation from similar words in `ru.dic`

Other than this, you're on your own, comrade.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 092734.png

reone_toolkit_1_0_beta2+ru.zip

On 13.01.2024 at 17:48, seedhartha said:

Поэтому я добавил в программу поддержку кириллицы, и в прикрепленном ZIP-архиве вы найдете ее со словарем русского произношения:

• После открытия Toolkit.exe нажмите «Инструменты» -> «Создать LIP».
    • Вы должны увидеть диалоговое окно, как на прикрепленном скриншоте.
  • Введите текст в поле выше
  • Нажмите «Загрузить» и откройте аудиофайл .WAV или .MP3.
    • При загрузке вы должны увидеть черно-белый сигнал.
    • Вы можете использовать это же приложение для извлечения и деобфускации аудиофайлов из игры.
  • Нажмите «Создать», чтобы создать файл LIP из текста и аудио, и следуйте инструкциям программы.
  • Если в звуке есть паузы, на что указывают черные линии на форме волны, используйте круглые скобки для создания групп слов.
    • Количество групп слов должно точно совпадать с количеством не молчащих участков сигнала.
  • Фонемы для каждого слова загружаются из файла `ru.dic`, находящегося в каталоге программы.
    • Если слово не найдено в словаре, вы можете добавить собственное определение в области «Произношение» справа. Не забудьте нажать Сохранить.
    • Если сомневаетесь, скопируйте произношение из похожих слов в `ru.dic`.

В остальном ты сам по себе, товарищ.

Скриншот 13 января 2024 г. 092734.png

reone_toolkit_1_0_beta2+ru.zip 17,45 МБ · 0 загрузок

Thanks a lot, we'll try!