Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Edward

3dsmax nwmax export error. Help?|SOLVED|

--Runtime error: FileStream cannot create: <pathhere>(\nwmax\sanity)

There's the error. I've tried with sanity check on and off, neither worked. Export Geom Only.

I've recently decided to start looking into modding KOTOR having begun to play it again. I've worked on a model in 3dsmax although I get this error when I try to export it.

I have the nwmax plugin here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3875-nwmax-plug-in-for-3dsmax-2014/

Anyone know how to fix this?

**EDIT** I tried to export using the button on the plugin, it said there was skin. I went through, deleted the skin and tried again and got the same error as above.
This line of code is highlighted when I get the error:  ​g_strBuffer = createFile (scriptsPath +"nwmax/sanity/" + model_name + "_sanitycheck.txt")

Edited by Darth_Edward

It's just bitching about not being able to create a sanity output text file. The NWMax sanity check feature is pretty broken for KOTOR models anyway, so you can just turn it off. From memory you may have to disable it within the script preferences as well as unchecking it on the AuroraBase output settings.

It's just bitching about not being able to create a sanity output text file. The NWMax sanity check feature is pretty broken for KOTOR models anyway, so you can just turn it off. From memory you may have to disable it within the script preferences as well as unchecking it on the AuroraBase output settings.

disable it within the script preferences 

How does one do that?

In the NWMax toolbar there was some setting as I recall. I've just moved to a new PC, so don't have it to hand myself.

I see nothing in NWMax to disable it.

I dug out the NWMax folder from the old drive to have a look at. The sanity settings are under General Utils in the NWMax rollout, but there's no global kill switch it would seem. Disabling it on the AuroraBase before exporting should be enough, typically.

I'm going to guess you have Max installed in Program Files? If so, try running it as an administrator.

I dug out the NWMax folder from the old drive to have a look at. The sanity settings are under General Utils in the NWMax rollout, but there's no global kill switch it would seem. Disabling it on the AuroraBase before exporting should be enough, typically.

I'm going to guess you have Max installed in Program Files? If so, try running it as an administrator.

That worked. Thank you so much.

Yeah, good old program files. Rule #1 of Windows: Have an OS partition (i.e. C drive) and only install Windows and necessary system files on it. Don't install programs on the Windows partition. Create a separate partition for that. While you're at it, move all your documents off the OS partition as well. You'll save yourself exactly this sort of grief, and when it eventually comes time to do a format and fresh OS install you'll make your life a hell of a lot easier.

• Like 2