JediGuy69

TSLRCM Nar-Shadda Red Eclipse Bug 1.6

I went through the forum archives, and the bug I'm having seems to have been hinted at being very common. So, sorry if things have to be repeated.

I just got G0-T0. So, I get off his ship and then I'm on Nar-Shadda. I go over to my ship. The ship is completely empty; Handmaiden's room and HK-47's closet is sealed up. Then I wander around; I trigger the cut-scene where that reptile guy comes for the landing space and captures the guy who owns the Ebon Hawk (making it three times I've seen that) by going into the swoop bike den. Go back to the pad, fight the reptiles, and go inside the Hawk, but nothing has changed in there.

So, I can't get off Nar-Shadda, which is a game breaking bug (only was keeping one save file, to boot). Any way I can fix this? Editing save files? Updating to 1.7 (although I hear that is incompatible with 1.6 saves)?

Thank you and may the force be with you, always.

Well, the Red Eclipse Fix was only to prevent it from happening. If it happened, it happened. Then they only fix is to enable the cheats and warp to 003EBO (the proper Ebon Hawk module). You'll need to do that each time you want to leave Nar Shaddaa from now on, since the enter trigger will load 004EBO.

There was also a global-numeric that could be changed with KSE, but it's been a while, I don't recall from the back of my head which global it was.

Well, the Red Eclipse Fix was only to prevent it from happening. If it happened, it happened. Then they only fix is to enable the cheats and warp to 003EBO (the proper Ebon Hawk module). You'll need to do that each time you want to leave Nar Shaddaa from now on, since the enter trigger will load 004EBO.

There was also a global-numeric that could be changed with KSE, but it's been a while, I don't recall from the back of my head which global it was.

How do I enable the cheats and warp? I have this mod, but I've never heard of those things. I inquire, because I have the same problem with having the Ebon Hawk empty and all my saves are on Goto's Yacht or right after.

In the swkotor2.ini, under [Game Options] add EnableCheats=1

Then ingame use ~ and (without quotes) type "warp 003ebo"

In the swkotor2.ini, under [Game Options] add EnableCheats=1

Then ingame use ~ and (without quotes) type "warp 003ebo"

There was no "enablecheats" in it, so do I just add it in? Does it matter where under the category [Game Options] that I put it?

Also, do I just type "warp 003ebo" randomly in game or is there a menu I need to get into first?

Add it. No matter where, as long as it's under [Game Options] and before the next [].

~ opens the console (it's invisible though), that's where you type in the cheat...

Add it. No matter where, as long as it's under [Game Options] and before the next [].

~ opens the console (it's invisible though), that's where you type in the cheat...

Do I have to hold down the ~? Because when I tried it, once I got to "P", it sent me to the ingame menu (with the equipment, skills, map, etc.). And once I finish typing warp 003ebo, I don't end up anywhere when I click out of the menu. Help?

Nope, just press once.

Do you have Vista or an AZERTY keyboard?

Vista. My whole computer is Vista, as one of the things I had worried when I first tried the mod was because I needed a certain patch to get it to work on Vista.

Then you probably got a problem with it preventing from adding the line to the .ini. Is it in there when you open it now?

It could be that he has to use a different key combination. I must do that and it's SHIFT + ´ + SPACE for me...

Also, make sure EnableCheats=1 is in the swkotor2.ini file and not swplayer.ini.

@HH: It is in there. However, it's not the same .ini, per se. When I first tried to alter it, it said I couldn't save it, so I made a copy of it, altered it in another folder, and switched the altered copy for the original (I have the original still, in a different folder, as I didn't want to delete it and accidentally ruin the game).

@Tpiom: I tried your way and no such luck too. Do I just click shift, then ', then space bar, or am I suppose to click them all at once?

Also, a question to both of you: am I suppose to hold the sequence (` or the shift+'+space) during the entire time, having them pressed as I type warp 003ebo?

And I discovered the reason for my earlier typing troubles. Certain keys in teh Gameplay key menu had them as shortcuts. I've altered it so none of them correspond with any keys of either of your guys' suggestions.

Also, am I suppose to do this in the game (as in the area, for example I am standing outside the Ebon Hawk, which reminds me, does it matter where I stand?) or am I suppose to be in one of the menus?

Sorry for being a hassle. In the case it does not work, I may restart the game. I have 8 hours of layover this weekend, so restarting will give me something to do. Nar Shaddaa was the first place I went to, so I won't lose much (the only reason it took me semi-long was because I've been walking a fine line ot be lightish grey so that I can obtain Mira, then return to being full Dark Side, as I'm curious to try to turn her into a Dark Jedi. In the case I do restart, is there any recommendations for additional or different mods I should try?

It could be that he has to use a different key combination.

That's why I asked about the AZERTY keyboard.

@HH: It is in there. However, it's not the same .ini, per se. When I first tried to alter it, it said I couldn't save it, so I made a copy of it, altered it in another folder, and switched the altered copy for the original (I have the original still, in a different folder, as I didn't want to delete it and accidentally ruin the game).

Considering Vista's weird security system, the original *might* still be there, replacing the new version.

@Tpiom: I tried your way and no such luck too. Do I just click shift, then ', then space bar, or am I suppose to click them all at once?

All at once.

Also, a question to both of you: am I suppose to hold the sequence (` or the shift+'+space) during the entire time, having them pressed as I type warp 003ebo?

Nope. With QWERTY keyboard;

Press ~

Enter warp 003ebo

Enter

You will be moved

And I discovered the reason for my earlier typing troubles. Certain keys in teh Gameplay key menu had them as shortcuts. I've altered it so none of them correspond with any keys of either of your guys' suggestions.

Shouldn't be an issue. Once the console is active, they wont work (easily tested by just trying to walk with WASD... you won't move...

Also, am I suppose to do this in the game (as in the area, for example I am standing outside the Ebon Hawk, which reminds me, does it matter where I stand?) or am I suppose to be in one of the menus?

Ingame. Menu's wont work...

Lol, found out what was ultimately leading to problems: not pressing 'enter' when I was done. Thank you for mentioning that in your last explanation; that's all I needed for it to work. Thank you both for the help.