Sign in to follow this  
Guest Orbb

KoTOR1 - Looking for a patch/mod/fix

Guest Orbb

I just started a new playthrough for KoTOR1 after downloading some mods and seemed to have some stability issues so I performed a fresh install of the game to check compatibility issues. The issue I'm running into is kinda minor but is nagging me, mainly because I'm sure I did something to fix it in the past but can't for the the life of me find a mod/patch for it anywhere.

On the Endar Spire, Carth speaks to you over the comm and the screen has a blue tinted overlay (like a hologram). I saw this before I started having issues with the game crashing. After I re-installed the game and patched it to 1.03 (and did the DisableVertexbuffer line in the .ini) I noticed that the blue overlay is gone. It looks like he's speaking to you from behind a regular camera (which isn't very Star Warsey). I know there are a couple of other times later in the game where you speak to people over a comm and are supposed to have that overlay but I don't want to find that it isn't there either.

Does anyone know of a patch that fixes this and where I can find it? Is it just a video settings fix? I tried a couple different resolutions but had the same issue each time. It's probably been 2 years since I did a KoTOR1 playthrough which is why I can't remember what I did the last time I installed the game. I searched through the mods at LucasForums to no avail and I want to say that this fix was bundled with some other minor stuff. Kinda like "this mod does x, y, z, oh and it fixes the missing blue tint on comm conversations too!"

Sorry for the long post on such a small detail. It probably wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't think I had found a fix for it before. Maybe it could be incorporated into the KoTOR1 restoration project? (if it isn't already)

Guest HK-47

I just started a new playthrough for KoTOR1 after downloading some mods and seemed to have some stability issues so I performed a fresh install of the game to check compatibility issues. The issue I'm running into is kinda minor but is nagging me, mainly because I'm sure I did something to fix it in the past but can't for the the life of me find a mod/patch for it anywhere.

On the Endar Spire, Carth speaks to you over the comm and the screen has a blue tinted overlay (like a hologram). I saw this before I started having issues with the game crashing. After I re-installed the game and patched it to 1.03 (and did the DisableVertexbuffer line in the .ini) I noticed that the blue overlay is gone. It looks like he's speaking to you from behind a regular camera (which isn't very Star Warsey). I know there are a couple of other times later in the game where you speak to people over a comm and are supposed to have that overlay but I don't want to find that it isn't there either.

Does anyone know of a patch that fixes this and where I can find it? Is it just a video settings fix? I tried a couple different resolutions but had the same issue each time. It's probably been 2 years since I did a KoTOR1 playthrough which is why I can't remember what I did the last time I installed the game. I searched through the mods at LucasForums to no avail and I want to say that this fix was bundled with some other minor stuff. Kinda like "this mod does x, y, z, oh and it fixes the missing blue tint on comm conversations too!"

Sorry for the long post on such a small detail. It probably wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't think I had found a fix for it before. Maybe it could be incorporated into the KoTOR1 restoration project? (if it isn't already)

Answer: Enable frame buffer effect to get the holo cam look back. If that doesn't work, which it should, don't adjust that thing you adjusted in the .ini.

Guest Orbb

Answer: Enable frame buffer effect to get the holo cam look back. If that doesn't work, which it should, don't adjust that thing you adjusted in the .ini.

The frame buffer edit worked, thanks. I r teh n00b :blush: