Sign in to follow this  
DarthDaedric

Tiny Movies

In Kotor 2 I have tiny cutscenes. I read that if your display is a certain size, there is a fix. However my laptop is not that size. Is there anyway to resize the resolution for the BINK videos?

Guest HK-47

In Kotor 2 I have tiny cutscenes. I read that if your display is a certain size, there is a fix. However my laptop is not that size. Is there anyway to resize the resolution for the BINK videos?

Suggestion: Try changing the resolution in the game. Your game is not completely restricted by the resolution of your computer.

Guest DeadMan

I had problem with tiny BIK videos in game too. In my case updating video card driver fixed the problem.

Suggestion: Try changing the resolution in the game. Your game is not completely restricted by the resolution of your computer.

Yeah, that was actually one of the first things I tried. In the Ini and in game. Even using the widescreen patch. It didn't work.

I had problem with tiny BIK videos in game too. In my case updating video card driver fixed the problem.

Updating my Nvidia drivers seems to have caused it.

Guest HK-47

Yeah, that was actually one of the first things I tried. In the Ini and in game. Even using the widescreen patch. It didn't work.

Query: What are your computer's resolution options?

Statement: You might have to use a non widescreen resolution for the game.

Query: What are your computer's resolution options?

Statement: You might have to use a non widescreen resolution for the game.

1280 x 800-800 X 600

I tried every other resolution available on my computer. Still nothing. I am currently trying to resize them using BINK and Smacker. Does anybody know how?

Guest DeadMan

If you patched your game with uniws (it allows play in widescreen resolutions) you may try the following method:

1) UNPATCH the game with uniws.

2) Launch game, select any resolution, quit

3) Patch it with uniws

4) Open swkotor2.ini and manually change resolution to yours

5) Enjoy!

This method worked for me when I encountered this problem on my brothers PC.

I had the same problem. After much frustration, I found the source of the problem for me, and it might be the same for you. I have an nVidia gpu, and under the control panel, there is a task under "Display" called "Adjust Desktop Size and Position". In that menu, there are a few scaling options. Select "Aspect Ratio" so that the ratio is maintained, and any time you have a fullscreen application (ie. in-game BINK videos), it will scale it to fill the screen with black bars if the aspect ratio of the media is different than your screen.

That fixed the not-so-stretching problem.

On a side note, there are some BINK videos that are 4:3 with their own black bars (the opening title and end credits). These can be cropped with RAD video tools if you want to go through the effort.

VC