Sign in to follow this  
Navgoroth

Creating Outfit for PC from existing one

Hello guys ! o/

I would like to know how I could create an outfit for my character from an existing one (kotor1).
Right now, I don't know anything about modding on Kotor, except copying files in override folders :D

There's that outfit for Mission ( https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1182?tab=files&file_id=1543 ) that I would like to apply to my character, with some stats changes.
I know how to edit textures (photoshop and stuff), but don't know the rest ... I don't even know if it's possible as Mission and the Character might not use the same rigging, so not the same animations ...

Can anyone help me please ? Or recommand some appropriate tutorials ?

Thanks !

Well, you'd just need to rename the texture you're creating to your character's default clothing (or whatever you wanted, really), then use Kotor Tool to set Mission's model as the clothing model. That's what I would do. The problem with that is that Mission's height is that of the scoundrel class, so if your character's a soldier, it's going to look strange. Not the texture or the model, just the transition. There shouldn't be any problems with the animations. Most NPCs use the ones your character uses. Maybe someone else can help you with the height issue if there is any.

EDIT: Same about the stats. If you want to create a new item without replacing another, someone else will have to pitch in.

51 minutes ago, La Ingobernable said:

Well, you'd just need to rename the texture you're creating to your character's default clothing (or whatever you wanted, really), then use KotorTool to set Mission's model as the clothing model. That's what I would do. The problem with that is that Mission's height is that of the scoundrel class, so if your character's a soldier, it's going to look strange. Not the texture or the model, just the transition. There shouldn't be any problems with the animations. Most NPCs use the ones your character uses. Maybe someone else can help you with the height issue if there is any.

EDIT: Same about the stats. If you want to create a new item without replacing another, someone else will have to pitch in.

Thank you very much for your answer :)

I am Consular, so the height should be good i think.
May I ask you to link me to a tutorial where I could set Mission's Outfit as my character's clothing ? :)
Same thing about the stats ?

Thanks again !

You can download KTool here. Once you have it installed you have to go through BIFs - 2da.bif, then 2D Array. Then click on appearance.2da and that will display a list of the models and textures the game uses, in a series of columns and rows. You'll want to look for the columns that say modelb and texb. That's the model and texture for the default clothing (b). If you want to replace something else, the labeling is explained here.

So you copy Mission's modelb and replace your character's one with it. Mission you'll find easily. For your character, you have to understand the labeling and the face order. Look for the bunch of rows that start with P_FEM_ ... Under modelb, PFBBS is the one you want if you're replacing the clothing. That simply stands for Player Female Body B (clothing) Small. Then there's A for Asian and B for Black. Caucasian textures simply lack that last letter.

You can check the face order by a couple ways. The most practical right now is to launch the game and click on New Game to go to the character creation menu, then check which one your character is. There are 5 for each race.

If you're modifying Mission's texture, you can just rename the .tga to whatever you want and then rename your character's texb after you've placed it in Override. The thing to remember is that the game won't read it unless you put 01 at the end of the name in Override. Something like "Clothing01". It'd be just "Clothing" in texb though.

EDIT: I didn't catch your character class. You're a Consular now, but are you Scoundrel as well? At any rate, Scoundrel is S(mall), Scout is M(edium) and Soldier is L(arge).