Sign in to follow this  
Mandalore

The Star Wars Roleplaying Game

What should I get to start with? I'm expecting some bias for the KotOR book, but which ones would be best for beginning?

The Core Rulebook is a must

At any rate:

Threats of the Galaxy<----This is the monster manual for the game. It is important.

Starships of the Galaxy<---starship build rules and a LOT of starships

Scavenger's Guide to Droids<--droid rules

Scum and Villany<---expands on scoundrels, bounty hunters, thieves, charlatans, cantina bartenders

Jedi Academy Training Manual<---self explanatory

Those are the ones I feel that you should have. As to the others:

Galaxy at War and Galaxy of Intruige are style books. One is for the style of blatant wars and the other is the style of the shadow wars of spies and assassins. An argument can be made either way for theese two. I'll leave it to others to weigh in on them

Unknown Regions is a setting book and the last of the books in the game. It is not necesarry at all.

The remaining five books are era books. Knights of the Old Republic, Clone Wars, Force Unleashed(Galen Marek/Starkiller), Rebellion, Legacy(Cade Skywalker) However, the time after Return of the Jedi to the end of the Yuuzan Vong War was covered by the previous two Pen and Paper RPG's and not represneted. No Kyle Kataran, Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Jaden Korr, Thrawn, etc. Also the Exar Kun War was covered by the West End Games version. So, no Nomi Sunrider, Master Thonn, Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Dorma, and so on.

Oh I thought this was going to be one of those forum RPG's where someone starts of a story and then members come in and claim a character and such... Bugger.

Sorry about misleading you. That would be fun though. Someone should start that.

I'm never any good at them, I just enjoy reading them.

<snicker>

Ah well, passing over the Doctor's comment.

Mandalore, there is one last item that you may find necessary for a starting GM. The Gamemaster's Screen.

It has all the necessary charts on the screen, so you don't have to go flipping through the Core Rulebook all the time.