Sign in to follow this  
SylvanLore

Adding new npc's (TSL)

I'd like to add more mandalorians to their camp on Dxun. I've made a few unique N_MandalorianXX.tga textures, but could someone please give me a step-by-step tutorial on how to create new npcs, apply the textures, give them idle animations, and react to the Sith ambush (partake in the fighting). Much appreciated.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Most of that is done in the .utc of the creature/character, which can be edited by KotOR Tool or a GFF editor. 

The KTool editor is pretty well done, and intuitive.

As far as giving you an entire tutorial outlining all those steps - no. There are tut's, it's mostly straightforward, and we're here to answer questions.

Then perhaps someone could direct me to a good tutorial? I've been searching the internet, but couldn't find anything except dead links - most tutorials seems to have disappeared years ago.

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Try googling "kotor scripting tutorial". If that doesn't work for you, I will be of no further assistance; the first page has videos and threads with exactly what you are looking for.