PartyDismembered

KotOR1 - Installed reskins for NPC and PC, not working even on New Game? (updated with new info)

Hi everyone

I installed this female head reskin for PFHC01 and have not managed to get the reskin to show up in place of the original head for PFCH01. I also installed a Bastila Reskin (Google "Bastila Reskin" and it'll probably be the first one. It overhauls her entire skinset, including her underwear skin.) which has not seemingly worked. I have tried the following:

1. Loaded a previous savegame

2. Checked in the "New Game" menu to see if I had a savegame incompatibility preventing the new skin from showing up

3. Uninstalled and re-installed the mod through the Override folder.

The game has not crashed at any point. I have the original 4-disc retail version of the game. The portrait replacement has worked, so it's not a case of the override folder being ignored. The only other reskin I have installed at the moment is a Bastila reskin, which has also seemingly not worked. However, the portrait for that reskin has also worked.

So, it looks like the issue is to do with custom skins not loading from Override. Anyone have a suggestion? Possibly something to do with appearance.2da/heads.2da?

Please help? I've got no clue what to do more.

This is a repost from the KotOR General (non-mod related) forum. I realized that I may get better help in this forum, and I added some more updated information.