Sign in to follow this  
Istrebitel

Bug: After battle for Khoonda (LSP) freeze at dialog with administrator

Greetings.

I have US version installed, patch 1.0b, your mod 1.7 and mod fix for 1.7

I started a new game (in fact, new installation) and now i am at Khoonda. After the battle (at administrator side) the administrator will talk and 3 options are allowed:

1) "I am no jedi" thing

2) "Glad i could help" polite reply

3) "Where is my money" rude reply

Now, whatever i do, i tried reloading, etc etc, it will crash on me after i choose my option. Any option will crash the game.

Now, i admit using a nocd, because, i live in Russia, and not in a capital city. Buying a licensed KOTOR here is impossible, as it was when it was actually released. I own copies of Kotor 1 and 2, but they are both just pirate versions burnt to disks. There was and is no option to buy a legal copy :D Even if there would, i'd STILL have to use nocd, because russian companies tend to badly translate game into russian, making it impossible to install english patches, and they dont even port official patches from game makers!

Anyway, 1.0b nocd is a gamestopper at this point.

I got out an old nocd exe of 1.0 version and now, i can choose dialog options 1 and 3! 2 still crashes, but at least i can continue past...

If i use option 1, i can then use polite option (that moves from 2 to 1) w/o crash.

One out of five, any choice would make a crash, but thats rare (on 1.0b i tried 5 times and never got w/o crash, maybe 1.0b would also work with alot of tries but i didnt manage to...)

Also, from my observation, restarting the 1.0 exe makes for 100% noncrash, while very often reloading after getting the dialog done (i was trying to convince Vrook to give me a different lightsaber) makes for very frequent crash, expecially with option 1.

Option 3 seems to be the least prone to crashing.

Is this a common bug, or tied to use of nocd, or am i first one to encounter?

Are there any general ways to work around such bugs or using other exe is my only hope?

Edited by Istrebitel

Guest Bob Ta'aar

pretty much the same thin here.

i'm playing dark-side, but told azkul to f***-off outside the cristal-cave in order to gain influence with HK-47. now with tslrcm it seems I can't tell askul to start the battle and side with him anymore and his phoney credits just didn't persuade me to let him kill the administrator :).

anyways, I've only tried options 1 and 3 and it crashed on both multiple times. got it working 2 times with option 3 though. no idea, when it works and when not.

it could be that the no-cd exe is the cause, for I'm using one too (for all the "legal"-flamers, I do own the original of kotor 1 and 2 in german, but needed the english version in order to use mods as most are not working with the german version).