Heartseeker

Launcher does not launch ?

Well, this is gonna be my first post here so I'd like to say hello everyone.

I heard about some restoration projects ever since the game first released but none of them seemed to be complete anytime near this century, however I found here by pure luck while surfing around the net and I played 1.6 and really enjoyed it, so I'd like to thank everyone worked on this project.

Anyway, here's my problem:

I've finished the game with 1.6 installed without any problems, sadly 1.7 released by the time I was in final chapter and I decided to play one more time. I installed 1.7 along with "Coruscant Jedi Temple" mod and "Improved Sound" mods wich all were listed to be compatible here on the forums.

And now the Launcher does not launch.. I mean how silly is that ? I uninstalled everything, game itself, the mods and all. I re-installed again tried to launch vanilla still same. re-installed only TSLRCM 1.7 but same again. When I launch the game through launcher it's exe runs on background forcing CPU to run at %100 thus criplling the performance of the PC. I can play the game through it's own exe without launcher though my only concern is that will this cause any other problem later or safe to play this way, cause I can live without Launcher.

Is this happened to anyone before? I'm not sure if it's related to TSLRCM or other sub-mods I have installed, but it used to work just fine and I'm trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it.

Thanks.

PS: If I uninstall those extra mods would be still safe for me to continue my saved game ? I'm currently about to exit the Harbinger (Peragus) and I really don't wanna play that part all over again. I think changing music files shouldn't be a problem, but I'm more concerned about Coruscant Academy one.

Edited by Heartseeker

Guest tpiom

Well, the launcher is modified but it's only a skin - isn't it...? :D

I can play the game through it's own exe without launcher though my only concern is that will this cause any other problem later or safe to play this way, cause I can live without Launcher.

Doing that won't cause any problems.

Okay thanks. I just thought if I accidentally corrupted a file, a data and such that it might trigger bigger problems later in the game, had similar bad experiences in other games when installing various mods on them so just wanted to be sure.