Sign in to follow this  
eric_faith

KOTOR widescreen?

Hey there @ Deadly Stream. If you don't mind my saying so, you truly do have THE BEST mods for the KOTOR I & II games out there. Now that I am using an HP widescreen desktop PC with Windows 8.1, I haven't yet had the chance to try out the Sith Lords widescreen mod. I have tried several different methods of making the original KOTOR playable on widescreen, and I just can't get there yet. I have tried WSGF, as well as other ways of fixing this and none of them seem to work. I wonder if you would be able to either find something that could work on the Net or could program a patch or mod for it. Please keep in mind that there are many of us KOTOR gamers that still have the old versions of these games and NOT the 'Steam' version which I don't even know anything about and am not able to obtain a copy of. Thanks for any help you could provide. I think I might try seeing if I can get Sith Lords working first. If there is anything that is kind of eccentric about both Star Wars (and even Lord of the Rings) it is how so much is done bass-ackwards, or should I say 'reverse-engineering.' Even the sequels/prequels. Thanks. You're the best.

I have a widescreen monitor (1366x768) and I haven't found anything that works either, I'm afraid. You might just have to get used to the black bars either side.

For Kotor 1:

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

Check the site for instructions

For Kotor 2:

Navigate to the folder where you have installed the game (C:\\Program Files (x86)\Lucasarts\SWKotOR2 by default), open swkotor2.ini and replace

Under [Display Options]

Width=xxxx
Height=xxxx

with

Width=1280
Height=768

and under [Graphics Options]

Height=xxxx
Width=xxxx

with

Height=768
Width=1280

Also be sure to ad "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" under [Graphics Options] if you don't have it.

If you can't edit the file copy it to your desktop and copy it back to the SWKotOR2 folder after you have made the changes.