Red Driver

KotOR 2 and the 1.0b patch

Hi, everyone...

At first, i hope my english will be good to be understood correctly... If not, my apologise by advance...!

I need some help to break out a big "curse"...

I reinstall KotOR 2 and just before installing the rest, i did some test to verify if all is right... All was ok, the game ran... And after the installation of the 1.0b patch.. It's WRONG!!! My game won't launch anymore... When i click "play", i hear my CD/DVD driver runing like a Nascar Motor (Normaly, what!!!) but... That's all!!! No more... Not even a crash or a message error... Not EVEN a black screen... And the worse... When i launch my game directly by my CD, it's launching... Just to make an APPCRASH!!! Every time i tried by this way!!!(Better than have nothing in the screen, ironically...!)

For info, my PC runs with Windows Vista... And i have done all modification required to run my game with this server... (XP Compatibility and "run as administrator" checked, before AND after the install of 1.0b, the mss32.dll fix "locked and loaded"...)

So i ask for some help... Am i miss something or what...?;)

Edited by Red Driver

Guest bendarby24

did the luncher come up and do u have vista?

Yep... For both...

Long time before i used a crack no-cd to "fix" this problem, but i had got some problem with the swoop races... (Take a look to the "swoop race bugged" in the TSLRCM chapter) So i reinstalled entierly KotOR 2 yesterday and i'm still staying with the problem... And i'm still searching...!;)

I refer you to here. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296 Make sure you do all steps needed. Like adding the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" to the [Graphics Options] area of the swkotor2.ini file. Also as I couldn't get the stupid no-cd crack secure rom file to work I just ignored that step and have had no problems running it from my CD.

Edited by Renodil

Well... It seems the link doesn't working...!:( I'd wait some hours but the link, like all Lucasforum is "out of order"...:( Anyway i thank you for your help... When the site will run again i'll get it faster than the Road Runner avoiding the Coyote...!;p

EDIT: Ok now, the link rolls very well...

Edited by Red Driver

Renodil:

You win the right to listen "East Bound & Down" from Jerry Reed!!!:D

Thanks a lot for your help...! It's working very well now... Without any crack no-cd, now... It's just a little much longer to lauch the game but it start every time i click... With the CD...!:) AT LAST!!!