Sign in to follow this  
Guest Axl Dave

Change Kreia's Attire

Guest Axl Dave

Ok, so in KotOR 2 I want all my party members to have a kind of uniform armour, except that seems to be a major problem with a fair few party members. I managed to change Bao-Dur's appearance (unfortunately he has lost his cool arm though) by editing the Appearances.2da file so that when equipped with heavy armour he would use the same model as, say, Atton. This was done by making the modelh and texh be PMBHC or something, whatever it said for Atton.

I have attempted to do the same for Kreia, by changing her models and textures to be PFBxC, from c to n (or whatever the final letter is) as I read that a and b are underwear and standard attire. The goal is to get her to wear Zeison Sha Warrior Armour and actually show it, however it does not seem to change a darn thing. I seem to recall reading somewhere that in order to make Bao-Dur's change work, you have to implement it before meeting him and thus initialising his models & textures.

I assume it would be the same for Kreia, so does this mean I have to restart the game, or is there something more complex I'm missing?

Will I have this problem with any other party members eg Mandalore or Visas? Will changing the models & textures fix this?

--EDIT--

Solved the Mandalore problem (hopefully) by installing the Mandalore changeable armour mod.

After some more research, it seems the difficulty with Kreia is that her models are complex and weird, what with her hair being halfway down her torso and losing her hand 5 mins after joining your party, it means that her head/body textures are combined and after losing her hand she switches models entirely to her "gimped" version.

I have seen mods out there that replace her textures with mostly black and evil designs. Pretty cool, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for. I don't really care if she doesn't change clothes on Peragus, but would someone be able to retexture Kreia's "gimped" model so that after she loses her hand, she will appear to be wearing Zeison Sha Warrior Armour? As for her head, she would be wearing an absorption visor, probably with a reskin though, more on that once I've looked around a bit.

As I am not planning to change what she wears, it is not vital that the models reflect whatever she's got on, so replacing her everlasting model with a permanent armour/visor look isn't really a concern of mine. Is this doable? Anyone up for it? Would having a mod that allows you to build her a new hand mess with this in any way?