Sign in to follow this  
ishiki

Widescreen Portrait Mod. TSL

Hello, I've been using the Kotor 2 16:9 1080 hud with Uniws. The portraits were all stretched. However I found a solution (I don't think there are any current mods that fix this particular issue). I squished the portrait in gimp, and when the game stretches it, it will be normal size. I put the portraits in my overrride.

I used the concept art I could find from kotor 2 (because it was higher res). There are some issues I'm having. I couldn't find any concept art of Mandalore in his armor, but I put a higher res fixed portrait. I still haven't done any PC ones besides the one I'm using in my playthrough and this is difficult to get portraits that look good. Also I don't have any extra LS/DS, hanharr, or Disciple (anything that I'm not using in my playthrough). I might try in game models though to see if it feels more cohesive.

I haven't tried this at any resolution other than 1080P, but in theory it should work in any 16:9 resolution. 16:10 they will be off but will still look better than 4:3 ones that came with the game.

Here's 2 screenshots. It's a work in progress and anyone that wants to help with finding better portraits particularly of, G0-T0, Mandalore, T2D4 (or something), and PC I'd appreciate it. Ideally I want to eventually get them so they're more cohesive with one another in aesthetic, I might try applying filters I'm not sure. This is my first mod ever so idk what I'm doing :). If you want the files I have comepleted I can upload them.

Also if anyone knows what the files are to override the title screen so I could do the same thing, that would be helpful too.

post-9789-0-62192500-1344478912_thumb.png

post-9789-0-76082700-1344478942_thumb.png