Sign in to follow this  
wvsnl

Issue with movies in the Kotor games.

Hi all, I have a small issue with the Kotor games on my pc. The first few seconds of every cutscene in the game are blacked out, I do hear the sound but I dont see anything, after four seconds this is over. But the first few seconds are skipped so to say. Anybody knows what causes this? I have the issue with Kotor I and Kotor II.

It is not a major issue but I would still like to know if there is any remedy to this.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I have found out that if I start the game windowed (kotor II in this case) that the movies play correctly. In fullscreen it does not, it seems the problem is in the transitioning between the game and the movies. Since if a movie finishes then the first 4 seconds of the game are also blacked out. But I dont have any problems with this if the game is windowed. Does anybody know why this is?

Not sure then bud. I know there's an issue with movies going black with the Widescreen patches because of switching resolutions between game and the movies. But I'm not sure if it's the same for you. Maybe though, maybe a video driver related issue? Sorry, good luck.

Hmm could be I will check for new driver updates then, well thanks anyway for your suggestions :)

Edit: Well I already had the newest drivers, so that is not the problem i think, or perhaps I need to reroll to an older one.

I've had this at some point. Try uninstalling Rad Game Tools' Bink Player. Or anything else from them.

Thanks for the tip, however I dont have anything like that installed on my pc so that isn't the problem I think.

Edit: I have found a work around solution :D

I let the game played windowed and the movies always play nice in it, however my main concern was that the window was to small. However my resolution of my desktop is 1280x 1024, that same resolution is also in Kotor II. So I used that resolution in Kotor II and now the windowed screen fills up my entire screen perfectly. I have changed my taskbar settings to hide the taskbar if I am not hovering over it, so it now feels like I am playing fullscreen, except for the blue bar on top, but well that is so insignificant that it can be ignored. So now the movies play correctly and it almost feels like I am playing fullscreen :)

Edited by wvsnl