Sign in to follow this  
Matten

TSLRCM - USM: Malachor V Fixes

I saw a couple of times, that people having both TSLRCM and USM suffers of the Black Screen glitch, when arriving at Malachor V. This appears Twice during Gameplay.

1: Kreia approaches to Sion after you left Carth and Bastila on the Citadel Station, and during the conversation, after the sentence "Spare me.. Yes." the Screen goes Black and the conversation is interrupted by the Ebon Hawk's crashing on the surface of Malachor V. After that the Kreia-Sion conversation ends with the last to sentences (still without visuals), and that is when the game stops. Black screen, with cursor and accessable menu.

The way to Fix this, is not actually a Fix. You have to save the game there, and Enable Cheats (I recommend the KSE method for this), press '~' (or in my case 'Alt Gr+7'). The Console will be invisible, you have to type blindly 'warp 901mal', and this shall warp you to the Ebon Hawk Crashing Site on Malachor V. All you gonna miss is 1 Kreia-Sion cutscene, which you can easily watch on YouTube. ;)

2: The Second BlackScreen appears before you approach the Trayus Academy. A Handful of Sith Assassins appears out of Nowhere to kneel before you (Hell Yessss!), and than you enter the academy. And that's when the screen goes black, and just like the last time Black screen, with cursor and accessable menu.

The way to Fix this, is to Save the Game before entering the academy. Quit the game, and Open your Override folder, in your SWKotOR2 folder. Type in the search bar of your Explorer '907_enter'. You'll should be able to find 2 files 'k_907_enter.ncs' and 'oldk_907_enter'. Delete these files from your Override folder, go back to the game, Load your saved Game, Enter the Academy, and you should be able to watch a handfull of Awesome Cutscenes Restored to you By the incredible guys at TSLRCM with the Lightsabers from USM! ;) There will be no further problems with your game until the very end. ;)