Sign in to follow this  
KOTORhelpplease

KOTOR 2 - Can’t Load “Dxun Landing Area”

Playing KOTOR2 for the first time on steam. Mods installed were the Content mod, plus maybe 3ish visual mods from nexus (I wanna say I had flame effects, enhanced space/sky, enhanced skyboxes, maybe one other like that). 

Got through the intro missions and all of Nar Shaddar without any problems. Next wanted to go to Onderon/Dxun, but the game crashes everytime I try to exit the Ebon Hawk to Dxun. 

Solutions I have attempted:

1) Reloading and trying again, with different party members, or after waiting a while to let it load, etc. No help.

2) Loading an older save before I get to Dxun. I was able to travel to other planets like Dantooine and exit the ship and progress no problem. But I didn't want to just continue on other planets knowing that eventually my progress would be wasted and my game would crash on Dxun, so I got back in the ship and flew to Dxun. Of course, the issue persists, it crashes every time I exit.

3) Messed with some graphics settings such as disabling shadows, etc., didn't help.

4) Uninstalled the game and reinstalled, only mod I reinstalled was content mod. Didn't help, still crashes on exiting Dxun.

5) Finally I googled up how to do console commands and warp in the game. I tried command warping to "Dxun landing," no dice, it crashes. However, next I tried warping to the next area on Dxun (maybe Dxun jungle?). That worked! So then I try manually walking back to the prior area, Dxun landing, and it crashes again.

I am concerned that at some point there will be some piece of content I have to be on Dxun landing for to complete the game, and it seems that my game just won't allow it. Can anyone come up with any solutions?

• Like 1

i have the same problem but on onderon! right after the sith assasin scene