zzImVineMan

No Sound in Kotor 1

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I'm a little old and I don't keep up with the times, however, I have a strange issue in Kotor that I've never encountered in 20 years. Now when I say 'no sound', I don't mean like, no sound, check the swconfig and see if sound is disabled. Music plays, sound effects play, cutscenes and movies play. In game dialogue such as conversations with party members, npcs, etc, those play. I guess battle lines? Don't play? Down you go, I will be your doom, Just die already. When you switch between pc and party members, nothing is heard. No Huh? what do you need? Yea? etc...No lines when using security on a door for example. No "no ones going to see this mission" etc. Jedi and Dark Jedi don't have a death sound. Sith Troopers do, but Rebel Soldiers don't. I mod games and these games in particular fairly frequently. This, I've never heard of. And this is a fresh install. I haven't started modding and messing with it yet. The only thing I've done to it is make it widescreen and 4k and changed the hud and gui and interface. What is going on here? Im guessing, but i could be wrong, it's something with Soundsets, Dialogue.tlk, or something in the streamfolders? I haven't modified 2das yet, haven't touched the streams folders, i did use a mod from this site that modified the dialogue to fix errors and typos and the like, would that have knocked out the sound effects?

EDIT: It is the dialogue.tlk. Is there an easy way to combine dialogue files? Or look through entries to pinpoint where the sound effects that aren't triggering are? Take out the .tlk file? Use the one that came with the game, try another mod that addresses typos and errors and hope that the voice lines arent gone on those?

Edited by zzImVineMan