Sign in to follow this  
Guest SiZo

"Atton's plan was a good one."

Guest SiZo

There is something that has been bugging me since my first play-through of TSLRCM'd TSL.

After you board the Harbinger at the beginning of the game, you have a little chat with Kreia and Atton about what to do next and everything. After the discussion ends, you can gain/lose influence on one of them by choosing the appropriate reply, which can also net a LS/DS point depending on what you have chosen.

And here comes my observation:

In TSLRCM, we gain a LS point for picking "Atton's plan was a good one - let's head to the bridge and get the drift charts." (while we don't in the vanilla game), which doesn't make a lot of sense at all. I'm going to explain why:

There are three replies which ponder on whether to leave Atton behind or use him as a meatshield or not. There is also one which berates Kreia. These four choices are rude in nature, so they reward the player with a DS point appropriately.

There is one reply which is apologetic towards Kreia and sounds very kind, so it nets a LS point appropriately.

BUT!

Here is the one I brought up in the topic: ""Atton's plan was a good one - let's head to the bridge and get the drift charts.""

I don't think it meets the requirements of gaining a LS point: It is neither kind nor rude. It doesn't even reflect any qualities related to either of the alignments. It's just sensible. It doesn't imply that we want to be kind to Atton or something. It just implies that we have made a reasonable decision about what to do next in order to proceed. So I think it shouldn't give us a LS point if we choose it as it is, if you think it over thoroughly, quite a neutral reply.

Maybe it should be "fixed" in 1.8?

Awaiting pros and cons.

Guest hkmandalore47

There is something that has been bugging me since my first play-through of TSLRCM'd TSL.

After you board the Harbinger at the beginning of the game, you have a little chat with Kreia and Atton about what to do next and everything. After the discussion ends, you can gain/lose influence on one of them by choosing the appropriate reply, which can also net a LS/DS point depending on what you have chosen.

And here comes my observation:

In TSLRCM, we gain a LS point for picking "Atton's plan was a good one - let's head to the bridge and get the drift charts." (while we don't in the vanilla game), which doesn't make a lot of sense at all. I'm going to explain why:

There are three replies which ponder on whether to leave Atton behind or use him as a meatshield or not. There is also one which berates Kreia. These four choices are rude in nature, so they reward the player with a DS point appropriately.

There is one reply which is apologetic towards Kreia and sounds very kind, so it nets a LS point appropriately.

BUT!

Here is the one I brought up in the topic: ""Atton's plan was a good one - let's head to the bridge and get the drift charts.""

I don't think it meets the requirements of gaining a LS point: It is neither kind nor rude. It doesn't even reflect any qualities related to either of the alignments. It's just sensible. It doesn't imply that we want to be kind to Atton or something. It just implies that we have made a reasonable decision about what to do next in order to proceed. So I think it shouldn't give us a LS point if we choose it as it is, if you think it over thoroughly, quite a neutral reply.

Maybe it should be "fixed" in 1.8?

Awaiting pros and cons.

maybe it was originally intended? atton's plan was a good one is supposed to gain influence with him, but i guess ur right that its more neutral than lightsided. however, i think its the fact that you're complimenting him that gives the lightside points.

Guest Pavijan357

maybe it was originally intended? atton's plan was a good one is supposed to gain influence with him, but i guess ur right that its more neutral than lightsided. however, i think its the fact that you're complimenting him that gives the lightside points.

Well he's not actually complementing him, but pointing that, as Sizo said, it's the reasonable thing to do... Even biggest bastard could say something like that if hes thinking practically. So - probably best as neutral, with influence gain for Atton.