vurt

Upcoming AI retexture mod

Some examples 

sZNWYss.jpg

did my own AI model that can make doors and wall panels, spaceship hulls, consoles etc, within the press of a prompt. here are a few (not all will be used for KOTOR)

pxxWGxO.jpg[/img]

• Like 5
  • Light Side Points 2

Some of these can definitely be smoothed out a bit, but man this creates a good starting point and some of these really look sharp. Good to see you again vurt!

smoothed, as in blurred? Not sure i understand :)

still working on improving the model.

I really like some of the subtle colour variation in your generated LEH_grwall01, but what I don't like is the amount of deviation in the details from the vanilla texture. Is it possible to feed the AI an higher resolution input and have it generate some details over the top? For the Ebon Hawk stuff, I had a project a while back where I was manually creating new recreations of the vanilla textures, but my results were a little bland. I'm wondering if there could be a halfway house that uses AI to tart my images up a bit. Attached is one of my recreations as an example:

LEH_grwall01.7z

The other question is how does the AI fare when creating alpha masks for environment maps?

yes, that's how these are done, i feed it the original image (well my upscaled and denoised version), then i render over (a selectable change from 0-100% i tend to stay at around 30-55%) over it with my model. Your texture can be used to add details, absolutely :) it looks great!

edit: it's 2048x2048 which makes it harder + very "noisy" texture, it's possible though, would have to be denoised.. i will probably mostly work with 1024x1024 for these textures, maybe do 2048 for some specific ones, or do upscaling with denoise/sharpening A.I. 

AI doesn't do alpha at all. 

Can you feed it multiple inputs? Like can you tell it to use the vanilla texture to source the colouration, shadows, etc. and use a simplified greyscale image as the guide for shapes? Probably not exactly like this, but here's an AO map as a possible example: LEH_grwall01_AO.7z

As to the alpha mask, I guess if your generated texture is radically different from the vanilla texture you'd have to manually create a new mask for it.

yeah, color isn't really an issue, just the noise. i denoised the hell out of the original images haha.

how it works is that it uses noise in images to "dream" from, pretty much like how when you close your eyes and you are getting sleepy/dreamy, eventually dreams will start to form from the noise under your eyelids. if you just feed it shapes it will see the shapes and start adding details to it, you can draw a very crude figure and turn it into Tom Cruise or a supermodel, you can guide it in text too. 

Yeah I guess that's my issue with this type of thing. I see a lot of utility for it in creating entirely new stuff that apes a particular style, but I don't like it for trying to recreate existing artwork given its propensity to imagine all sorts of abstract nonsense that is not in the original.

that's why i like it, the whole randomness of it, of course the result is not always what i want but it's so easy to just try again :)

i'm also not sure i'm too interest in creating 1:1 copies of artwork, i find it immensely boring to just do the same, though i do think it must be within reason and that it has to be done with good taste. i've never done any mod for any game that tries to recreate the original content 1:1... 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, vurt said:

smoothed, as in blurred? Not sure i understand :)

still working on improving the model.

Hey, I completely forgot to respond to this lol!

Yeah what I meant by that was I noticed the AI tended to make squiggly lines in some places instead of straight lines or curves. I'm sure you probably noticed that too.

I can't wait to see what these look like though when it's all finished, cuz aside from that they already look really really good. :)

sZNWYss.jpeg

ah yes, could be fixed in photoshop perhaps, or i will remake it. something new just came out called ControlNet which will make things a bit different from now on when it comes to replicating.