ElvisTek

Restoration Mod on Mobile(Android)

Hi, i found out that KOTR has a restoration mod, i googled and found in this forum that already has been tried but one person says it has errors and the mod must be removed then placed again, other says it works, other that it doesn't or has problems.

It's possible? I really wanna play the game with new content.

Thanks for your time.

I have no direct experience with playing KotOR on Android but there is a guide here: 

Said that, if you attempt this, I'd recommend that you use the K1 Community Patch, which is not compatible with K1 Restoration. The first one is the most essential piece of modding any KotOR player should aim to install. The latter has many good things but it's no longer maintained and there are several bugs. @N-DReW25 is working on a smaller-scope restoration project which will probably see a non-beta release sometimes this year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salk said:

I have no direct experience with playing KotOR on Android but there is a guide here: 

Said that, if you attempt this, I'd recommend that you use the K1 Community Patch, which is not compatible with K1 Restoration. The first one is the most essential piece of modding any KotOR player should aim to install. The latter has many good things but it's no longer maintained and there are several bugs. @N-DReW25 is working on a smaller-scope restoration project which will probably see a non-beta release sometimes this year.

Ok i'll give it a try, thanks

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:25 AM, Salk said:

Excuse me, i foubd 2 versions of the Community Patch, one provided in this site (1.9.2) and other in github(1.10.0) which one should i use? Also the one in github doesn't have a installer i think. Of that's the one, where should i get it?

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

You use the official stable release uploaded here to DS. The Github repo is the development branch. It is not intended for regular users (hence why there is no release posted there).

Ok thanks

On 2/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, DarthParametric said:

You use the official stable release uploaded here to DS. The Github repo is the development branch. It is not intended for regular users (hence why there is no release posted there).

Hi, I know has been many months but instead of opening a new thread, better ask you here. Finllay I can play this, I tried in a previous phone and iirc it worked, I have a new one more powerful and I tried applying the Community Patch but I noticed the characters stay silent some seconds after every dialog line. I have my game in Spanish so I guess that's the reason. It's there a way to use the Community Patch with the game in other language?

I've never played the game on mobile, so I can't really speak to what the normal experience is supposed to be.

As to support for other languages, K1CP is currently only made for the English version of the game because that's the version the major contributors use. We'd be happy to support other languages, but that would require native speakers to offer help in terms of translations and beta testing on non-English versions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

I've never played the game on mobile, so I can't really speak to what the normal experience is supposed to be.

As to support for other languages, K1CP is currently only made for the English version of the game because that's the version the major contributors use. We'd be happy to support other languages, but that would require native speakers to offer help in terms of translations and beta testing on non-English versions.

Oh, that's bad, but thanks for answering.