N-DReW25

MOD:NPC Diversity Pack [Beta/K1]

NPC Diversity Pack [Beta/K1]

NPC Diversity Pack [K1]
A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Author: N-DReW25
0.7.0 Beta Release Date: 27.11.2023

Installation:
Please install the K1 Community Patch FIRST before this mod!

If you plan on using it, install the Unofficial K1CP Tweak Pack mod SECOND (This mod is optional and is NOT required for this mod to work)!

Simply click on this mod's TSLPatcher.exe, you'll see 4 installation options... if you'd like the full content of what this mod has to offer you'll have to install the mod 4 times.

If you have any questions regarding these 3 installs and what they add, feel free to ask me!

Description:
As with many modders, I have a vision for a comprehensive NPC Overhaul. This mod is currently in a BETA stage, whilst I don't expect bugs, I do expect player criticism/feedback alongside reports of possible mod conflicts with certain mods... updates will be released to fix any possible bugs, add popular player suggestions, possible hotfixes for incompatible mods and new content as they become possible.

What does this mod do?

This mod is a compilation of 3 mods: Diverse Galaxy, Diverse Weapons, Sounds O' Plenty. These 3 mods can be used together to create an immersive NPC Overhaul which is compatible with the K1 Community Patch.

What are these 4 mods?

Diverse Galaxy: This mod is the main component of the NPC Overhaul! It switches the heads of many NPCs in the game to prevent the 'clone' effect, it swaps the clothing/armors of many of the NPCs throughout the Kotor galaxy and it upgrades the Lite NPCs.

Sounds O' Plenty: Sounds O' Plenty does something not many mods have done in the past, in the vanilla game the soundset (combat grunts and death moan sounds) of an NPC is based upon their appearance so Jedi have a Jedi soundset, Czerka Guards have a Czerka Soundset, Dark Jedi have a Dark Jedi soundset etc. This mod ignores that Kotor "rule" and gives random soundsets for over 200 NPCs in the game, that means you'll only hear the Republic Soldier death moan ONCE on the Endar Spire as each NPC now has their own unique sound.

Diverse Weapons: Another thing most mods don't usually do is replace the weapons of NPCs on a mass scale, with Diverse Weapons the NPCs you fight will have new weapons. This does NOT mean they will drop those weapons, it just means you won't be fighting 100 Vulkar Thugs who all use Blaster Pistols like in the vanilla game... they might use Rifles, Carbines, Heavy Repeaters, Ion Weapons, Sonic Weapons, Bowcasters and MORE! This might make the game slightly more challenging as you might not know if a random enemy will use a Disruptor Pistol which can bypass Energy Shields.

GIT Tweak: GIT Tweak modifies the GIT files of some modules to remove duplicate NPCs. In some areas, you might see a generic NPC 10 times in a row. This is because this NPC's UTC filename is used 10 times over in various locations throughout the module, GIT Tweak fixes that by adding new NPCs in places where vanilla NPCs are duplicated. Instead of seeing the same NPC 10 times, you'll see that NPC once alongside 9 new commoner NPCs ensuring that every NPC in that module is unique!

With these 4 mods together, over 400 NPCs will be affected (including NPCs which are commonly affected by other mods). This is why it is HIGHLY advised to install this mod (AFTER the K1CP mod) BEFORE you install any new appearance mods. If you do this, your new NPC appearance mods will overwrite the NPC-DP mod's changes thus allowing you to have other people's mods installed with my NPC-DP mod still impacting 75% of the generic NPCs found in the game.

Known Bugs:
This mod shouldn't have bugs, but if there are feel free to report it to me on Deadlystream.

Incompatibilities:
Please report any incompatibilities!

Permissions:
Do NOT claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission.

Thanks to:
ebmar: For his attempt at fixing a problem with the TSLPatcher pre-0.4.1!
JCarter426: For successfully pointing out the problem with the TSLPatcher pre-0.4.0, his help led to the 0.4.1 TSLPatcher fix!
SpaceAlex: For fixing the old clothing bug in his K1 Enhancement Project for which his fix was carried over to this mod!
Bioware: For such an amazing game!
Fred Tetra: For Kotor Tool!
Stoffee: For TSLPatcher!
Everyone who downloads the mod!

Legal:
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/03/2023
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

The mod idea is great, though, trying to mix stuff with female soldiers of empire and republic, along with Tor Comic and @Dark Hope HD mods cause an issue, as also diverse Twi'lek heads (male /female) and K1 rescaled Trandoshans, plus High Quality Rodians and Heiorange Sith uniform mod will result in conflict. 

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2023 at 4:51 PM, N-DReW25 said:

There is a bug in the TSLPatcher which happens when you install Fashion of the Old Republic where it will state there was an error in the installation. From what I can observe, this error is FALSE as the NPC that allegedly had an error was fully patched as intended. Thus far, I can see no method of fixing this bug but I am certain this bug will NOT break your game in any way. If you are a modder and believe you can fix this bug, I would welcome your fix!

TSLPatcher has a bug that makes it report an error for the wrong file sometimes. The actual problem would be with the next file, which looks like k_sta_lightjedi1.utc.

18 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

The mod idea is great, though, trying to mix stuff with female soldiers of empire and republic, along with Tor Comic and @Dark Hope HD mods cause an issue, as also diverse Twi'lek heads (male /female) and K1 rescaled Trandoshans, plus High Quality Rodians and Heiorange Sith uniform mod will result in conflict. 

Hello, are you a native English speaker? If not, that's not a problem though I am having a bit of trouble interpreting what you're saying here.

Remember: This mod only works if you install the K1 Community Patch first and the NPC Diversity Pack afterward... if you were to install the NPC Diversity Pack last you will end up breaking a bunch of other mods you installed beforehand.

female soldiers of empire and republic

Female Republic Soldier Restoration and Ladies of the Sith Army?

The Female Republic Soldier Restoration mod is indeed incompatible at this time, however, a patch is well on the way which will make it compatible.

As for the Ladies of the Sith Army mod, I don't see how that mod would conflict with the NPC Diversity Pack... mind elaborating? The Ladies of the Sith Army mod is slated for an update so that it is consistent with an upcoming TSL version of the Ladies of the Sith Army mod, so if they are any conflicts I may be able to fix them in this update.

along with Tor Comic

TOR Port: Kotor Comic Republic Uniforms?

That mod doesn't affect NPCs, it replaces models and edits 2DA files, how could this mod conflict with the NPC Diversity Pack?

and @Dark Hope HD mods

Dark Hope's mods deal with textures, this mod edits NPCs inside the module files... there shouldn't be a conflict, though you could point out what specific Dark Hope mod breaks with my mod?

Also, using the @ feature on Deadlystream sends a notification to the user who you @... do you think Dark Hope, a graphics artist, would want to deal with a mod she had no part in?

also diverse Twi'lek heads (male /female)

Kotor 1 Twi'lek Male NPC Diversity and Kotor 1 Twi'lek Female NPC Diversity?

Those might be incompatible with the NPC Diversity Pack, the reason why I don't necessarily care for compatibility with these two particular mod is that I have plans to make my own Twi'lek NPC Overhaul mod that, I think, would be a bit more complex than what Leilukin had done with her mod.

But please, tell me how this mod breaks with the NPC Diversity Pack? Players won't be forced to used my own Twi'lek mod and would be free to use Leilukin's mod if they pleased, so either a fix or a compatibility patch could be done if I knew what the problem was.

K1 rescaled Trandoshans

This wasn't a mod I was expecting to see listed. The Rescaled Trandoshans mod edits the 2DA file, I can't possibly see how this mod is conflicting with my own... if anything, this mod would be ideal for the Diversity Pack as it adds more Trandoshans to the game.

plus High Quality Rodians

Again, this mod edits 2DA files and models... I see no reason why a conflict should've arose here.

Heiorange Sith uniform mod will result in conflict. 

Yes, I believe this... don't use Heyorange's Sith Uniform Reformation mod with the NPC Diversity Pack, it is 100% incompatible with the most recent update.

However, just like the Twi'lek mods I do intend to make my own Sith Uniform mod at some point as well.

12 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

TSLPatcher has a bug that makes it report an error for the wrong file sometimes. The actual problem would be with the next file, which looks like k_sta_lightjedi1.utc.

This is being investigated! Thank you for your diagnosis of the problem, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, I started with Community patches and community patch fixes. Then tried Restored content mod, NPC overhaul to edit creatures like Rancors , Tukata and other animals.Mixed with a female soldiers of the Republic and Sith Ladies, then started loading the mod. After that I tried Diverse Twi'lek mod, along with manaan mercs overhaul mod, Mandalorian Jagi and HD duros mod,K1 Trandoshans and Rodians... My guess is that probably mods with touch of imperial uniforms and twi'lek's started to mess with things...like suddenly despawning Twi'lek trader on Taris or Kandon Ark 

34 minutes ago, ShayOrdo said:

Then tried Restored content mod, NPC overhaul

xhss9.jpg.135e01d6b7f2b23a811a195dc756fbce.jpg

Your game is officially broken. Delete it and start again from a clean install. This time do not use incompatible mods together.

• Light Side Points 1

Well...what options in modding then would be best? Since I kinda want to try restored content and the diverse galaxy mod? 

11 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

Well...what options in modding then would be best? Since I kinda want to try restored content and the diverse galaxy mod? 

First of all, do not install the NPC Overhaul mod. The NPC Diversity Pack does the exact same thing as the NPC Overhaul mod, though unlike the NPC Diversity Pack the NPC Overhaul is incompatible with the Community Patch and Restoration mod so there isn't any real point in using it regardless.

You must understand me, the Kotor 1 Restoration mod is bugged in several areas due to mistakes done by the developers. They 'could' be fixed though the K1R developers vanished years ago making K1R abandoned, that is why the K1 Community Patch isn't compatible with the K1R mod... the K1R mod restores cut content that really isn't needed and the way the K1R mod is installed, with it's many .MOD files (some of which are broken), means it isn't really worth considering nowadays.

I will say this, I am planning a restored content mod that would be compatible with the K1CP mod, though it would be limited as it's only me making it (I can't recreate the Pazaak Tournament on my own afterall).

For now, you install my mod in this order: K1 Community Patch, Unofficial K1CP Tweak Pack (if you're using it), NPC Diversity Pack... then your other mods. 

You can ask me what mods may or may not be compatible with the NPC Diversity Pack for your future installation, just name them and I can give you an answer.

• Thanks 1

Well, in that case... Would the Dark Jedi wear JC's robes work with that? Wanted to implement those robes as well.

During base installation I always get this line when installing Diverse Galaxy mod 
 Error: No instruction section found for file tar03_blackv038.utc, skipp
I have installed only stuff like male sith archeologist ,Queedle fix, Community patch and Community patch tweak tweak mods with last two being installed first

The mod might have an issue with 

, since the mod affects the npc from weapons to voicelines and loot. 

Also had an issue with usage of

Mostly due to dialogue being stuck on first round and for some reason the lite npcs on lower Taris in cantina are not seemed to be affected by the mod. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:52 AM, ShayOrdo said:

The mod might have an issue with 

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1308-k1-selven-legends/

, since the mod affects the npc from weapons to voicelines and loot. 

Did you install Selven Legends after the NPC Diversity Pack?

If you did, then I'll have a look into it because that mod should be compatible with mine if you install it afterwards as it would completely overwrite my own changes to Selven.

If you installed it before the NPC Diversity Pack, that's why it broke... if you did this I'll make it abundantly clear in the next readme edit that mods like that should be installed after the NPC Diversity Pack.

Also had an issue with usage of

https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1367-tor-ports-handons-enhanced-waistline/

Mostly due to dialogue being stuck on first round

I'll have to check the files again, but I swear I didn't touch Handon's files in this mod.

And since I don't edit dialogues, I'm not sure how the NPC Diversity Pack could be the cause of that.

and for some reason the lite npcs on lower Taris in cantina are not seemed to be affected by the mod. 

That is correct, I'm fixing that now as we speak!

I have installed all the other stuff related to npc after the diverse Galaxy mod, it went first right after the Community Patch and Patch Tweak, though, may be an issue due to weapon /armor mod related stuff, since I downloaded some armor reskins before that. 

19 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

I have installed all the other stuff related to npc after the diverse Galaxy mod, it went first right after the Community Patch and Patch Tweak, though, may be an issue due to weapon /armor mod related stuff, since I downloaded some armor reskins before that. 

When I get around to it I'll test out the Selven mod to make sure if there's actually an incompatibility with it, if there is I'll see what I can do on my end or if there's something Ebmar can do to prevent an incompatibility.

14 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

When I get around to it I'll test out the Selven mod to make sure if there's actually an incompatibility with it, if there is I'll see what I can do on my end or if there's something Ebmar can do to prevent an incompatibility.

Well, from what I saw, the mods had a conflict that prevented Selven from spawning, not sure how or why... Though, reinstalling mod helped with an issue. 

Also there's a weird glitches which cause npcs with smuggler deluxe and Onderonian Fashion mod installed to be unable to spawn unless you reinstall them... And also the infected don't spawn on Taris... 

I have no idea how exactly that goes, considering that I follow the exact instructions on the mod installment 

Might I suggest giving the Echani mercenaries the Echani heads found in this mod? Or the ones SpaceAlex's K1 Enhancement project? And since your mod isn't compatibl with K1 Restoration, I'd like to see the Echani Mercenary in the Manaan Cantina restored(the one that won't talk to you if you have Canderous in your party).

I'd also like to see the Outcast children in the Undercity and Shuma the Hutt on Dantooine.

The TSLPatcher of version 0.4.1 gives two error messages during installation:

• Error: No instruction section found for file tar03_blackv038.utc, skipping...
• Error: No instruction section found for file tar03_blackv038.utc, skipping...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 1:19 PM, JasonRyder said:

Might I suggest giving the Echani mercenaries the Echani heads found in this mod? Or the ones SpaceAlex's K1 Enhancement project? And since your mod isn't compatibl with K1 Restoration, I'd like to see the Echani Mercenary in the Manaan Cantina restored(the one that won't talk to you if you have Canderous in your party).

So you mentioned the K1 Enhancement Project yet you list RedRob's Echani Head reskin.

This isn't a bad thing as you've picked up on a very important point, the SpaceAlex used RedRob's work as a base for its own mod... that muddies things up in terms of permission as RedRob's assets might not be "free to use" like SpaceAlex's assets are.

This shouldn't be a problem for me personally as I could just make my own Echani skins, when this is eventually made I'll probably leak it to my WIP thread regarding my NPC Overhaul Series (My WIP thread for a bunch of NPC mods) found here: https://deadlystream.com/topic/9820-n-drews-npc-overhaul-series/page/2/

6 hours ago, Leilukin said:

The TSLPatcher os version 0.4.1 gives two error messages during installation:

I'll investigate this!

So you mentioned the K1 Enhancement Project yet you list RedRob's Echani Head reskin.

I noticed that the K1 Enhancement Project also had some Echani commoner heads. 

On 6/2/2023 at 3:20 AM, JasonRyder said:

I believe those are credited to RebRob41, so I'd either have to reach out to him for permission or make my own... since he's a rather hard guy to reach out to nowadays I think I'll risk making my own.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, Spectrometer said:

For my next playthrough, I wanted to ask, is this mod compatible with Heyorange's Sith Uniform mod? I see your mod also changes some sith uniforms in Manaan.

I'm going to say no, though you could attempt to install his mod AFTER my mod so his work overwrites my own.

I can promise you this; I do intend to use Heyorange's mod as a base for my own Sith Officer mod. Imagine it as the same quality as Heyorange's mod but with my own twist to it, and it'd be 100% compatible with this mod.

What I can't promise you is the release date for this.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, Spectrometer said:

And also, I wanted to ask the same for the recently released JC's Czerka mod, would it be compatible?

It should be compatible, my mod doesn't touch those NPCs.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, N-DReW25 said:

I'll investigate this!

I've investigated it, I must say the problem is immediately obvious to me.

The reason being is that the file in question "tar03_blackv038.utc" is modified several times over across several modules so it's difficult to pinpoint which one exactly is breaking and why exactly it's breaking. At absolute worst this bug is causing a single Black Vulkar to remain unaffected, this shouldn't impact the quality of the game in any noticeable way or would it crash your game.

When a solution to this problem is discovered, it shall be fixed immediately.

• Like 2

I'm planning on using JC's cloaked Jedi Robes mods(JC's Fashion Line I, JC's Jedi Tailor, Korriban: Back in Black, and Dark Jedi Wear Robes) along with your mods. Would any be incompatible?

7 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

JC's Fashion Line I

Compatible.

JC's Jedi Tailor

Compatible.

Korriban: Back in Black

Should be compatible with the Diversity Pack.

and Dark Jedi Wear Robes

Might be incompatible with the Diversity Pack as my mod adds the DS End Game Sith Masters to different planets.

20230218140541_1.png.5c0bca55cad4d0e601d

If you're intent on using it, install Dark Jedi Wear Robes after the Diversity Pack!