Sign in to follow this  
The Slick Obi

Modding and the Xbox Series... Series?

I know, I know, dev mode - but is there a way to kind of... fudge it in retail mode? I know modding is practically impossible on the new consoles but is it there a way? Could I theoretically use some combination of a file explorer, ftp, USB stick to get the necessary files on my system?

5 hours ago, The Slick Obi said:

I know, I know, dev mode - but is there a way to kind of... fudge it in retail mode? I know modding is practically impossible on the new consoles but is it there a way? Could I theoretically use some combination of a file explorer, ftp, USB stick to get the necessary files on my system?

In theory yes, in practice probably not without a serious amount of knowledge concerning the internal architecture and operating system for the xbox series w.e

Perhaps start by getting a full trace / print out of the games directory and files you can access, if you can access any that is, if you can make it to where you can see the Override folder, you could certainly start trying, but all it would take is a file list hidden somewhere to prevent that from firing up, maybe even crash, damage or get your online account banned, all speculation from me unfortunately as I don't own any new age consoles.

In general though, I don't recall coming across anyone that has done so without modding their console or dev mode or dev console etc and I do try to keep an eye out for these kinds of things as I have plans to get my own mod onto the original xbox one day.

• Like 1