Belegte

Tga editing

Does anyone know why saving a tga file changes the way it displays on a character? For example, if I take the tga file for calo nords armor, open the file, save it without changing anything and then drop it back into the override folder the shoulder armor disappears and the belt moves from the arm to the waist?

1 hour ago, Belegte said:

Does anyone know why saving a tga file changes the way it displays on a character? For example, if I take the tga file for calo nords armor, open the file, save it without changing anything and then drop it back into the override folder the shoulder armor disappears and the belt moves from the arm to the waist?

Is the program you’re using to open it rotating it or something? I’m sure I’ve come across that at some point. When I was using GIMP, if memory serves.

Using GIMP, it asks some question that needs to have the box unchecked. Although GIMP 2.10 knows to orient the option from bottom-left, you're supposed to uncheck the box.

112041560_TGAImageOrientation.png.772deea3d3cd25c806812f3ca741f09f.png

As far as why this happens/what it is, not entirely sure.  I never needed to know too much about it while using GIMP with KotOR or TSL.

• Light Side Points 1

To add to the above, off the top of my head, Photoshop also prompts the user with an RLE compression option when saving .tga files. I don't recall if selecting RLE compression gives an option for image origin. I think Photoshop has it unchecked by default and I leave it that way.

I'm using Krita on android and there doesn't seem to be any options. So far Krita is the only android app that can open tga files and edit them. I love gimp but the gimp android app has 1.7 rating.