Hi guys. I recently reinstalled Windows 11, and am about to install Kotor 2 again. I don't remember, but does Kotor 2 natively support 2560*1440 resolution? Also, how should I go about re-installing game and mods? The only mods I use are the Kotor 2 Restored Content Mod, and hak pad. Thoughts and help appreciated  :)

You can either get Kotor 2 via Steam, which supports resolutions the original game did not have (including 1440p and 4K) or you can play it on the original release or the GOG release, both of which will require external software/modding to get it to support 1440p because games back then rarely even had 1080p resolution. 

For mods, the restored content mod is very straight forward. The hak pad mod should be installed after it. 

If you're using the Steam version of the game and those are the only 2 mods you're going to use, just turn on these mods via the Steam workshop, no involved installation needed. I believe the hak mod is on the Steam workshop.

If you're using a version not from Steam, install the restored mod first, It's been a while but I believe the installer is very straight forward. As for the other mod,  I think you just have to copy the files from that into the override folder in the Kotor 2 main folder.

23 hours ago, Mephiles550 said:

You can either get Kotor 2 via Steam, which supports resolutions the original game did not have (including 1440p and 4K) or you can play it on the original release or the GOG release, both of which will require external software/modding to get it to support 1440p because games back then rarely even had 1080p resolution. 

For mods, the restored content mod is very straight forward. The hak pad mod should be installed after it. 

If you're using the Steam version of the game and those are the only 2 mods you're going to use, just turn on these mods via the Steam workshop, no involved installation needed. I believe the hak mod is on the Steam workshop.

If you're using a version not from Steam, install the restored mod first, It's been a while but I believe the installer is very straight forward. As for the other mod,  I think you just have to copy the files from that into the override folder in the Kotor 2 main folder.

Thank you so much for the help and info! I was able to install both the TSLRCM and hak pad mods for Kotor 2. I have a side question: I was hoping I could play Kotor 1 as well on my laptop, but that is an older game as well, and I had to mod it a bit to get it to run. Thing is, I recently reformatted my laptop, and reinstalled Windows 11, therefore losing game and other data. I have the Steam version of Kotor 1, and am wondering if there is anything I can do to get it to run at 2560*1440 resolution on my laptop? I don't remember what mods I had for that game. Help greatly appreciated  :)

I don't have experience with that resolution but you should be able to use UniWS.
The Steam version of K1 is pretty much the same as the disc version (+patches), so the process is the same, the game is just in a different location by defauly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKMzwKE34E

(notice the 2560x1440 specific HUD files link in the description)

B.t.w. for next time, you can copy your Saves (and Override if you like) to a flash drive or something, then place that back after reformatting/reinstalling.

19 hours ago, Effix said:

I don't have experience with that resolution but you should be able to use UniWS.
The Steam version of K1 is pretty much the same as the disc version (+patches), so the process is the same, the game is just in a different location by defauly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKMzwKE34E

(notice the 2560x1440 specific HUD files link in the description)

B.t.w. for next time, you can copy your Saves (and Override if you like) to a flash drive or something, then place that back after reformatting/reinstalling.

Hey again. I tried using UniWS, as well as the High Resolution Menu Mod, and am unable to get game to run in 2560*1440 resolution. Here is what I am seeing when I launch game, minus the white area. Am not sure how to go about doing this, help greatly appreciated...

Untitled.png