zbyl2

TSLRCM released a 2022 update

We released a surprise new patch recently. If you're subscribed to the mod on Steam workshop, it should have auto-downloaded for you. Otherwise, feel free to grab either the new installer or the updated mobile version in usual places.

Patch notes below. May contain spoilers if you haven't played the game yet.

* New logo by @Sith Holocron
* [PC Installer] The installer will now always ask you to confirm install location
* [Mobile] Fixed tutorial popups using PC controls
* Fixed a possible dialog break when talking to Kreia
* Fade out/fade in animation instead of a sudden black screen when teaching companions force forms
* Telos: Lt. Grenn turns to the player when talking to him after Batu Rem's death
* Telos: No longer possible to trigger mercenaries / Lorso cutscene as B-4D4
* Telos: Removed a random black screen and immediate fade in when Atris takes out your saber
* Telos: Atris no longer plays "talking" animation when standing silently
* Telos: Changed a camera angle in a cutscene where Atris talks to Handmaidens to avoid an awkward jumpcut
* Telos: Handmaiden no longer uses "talking" animation when thinking
* Telos: Added autosave before Handmaiden fights her sisters, so you don't have to sit through four different cutscenes again if you die
* Telos: Atris and Handmaiden stay with lightsabers active and in "ready" pose after their fight, until Atris lightnings Handmaiden
* Telos: Rebalanced the HK Factory
* Telos: Asking for a finders fee when delivering fuel no longer grants less XP than other dialog options
* Nar Shaddaa: Removed animated camera from the Red Eclipse boarding cutscene
* Nar Shaddaa: Fixed an issue where two music tracks sometimes played at the same time during the Red Eclipse boarding
* Nar Shaddaa: Party members will no longer randomly activate their shields and/or stand up when getting knocked out by the Red Eclipse
* Nar Shaddaa: Party members now play "working on computer" animation instead of just standing next to the galaxy map in the Red Eclipse cutscene
* Nar Shaddaa: Added missing lip animation when Ratrin boards your ship
* Nar Shaddaa: Randomized Duro VO in the cantina cutscene
* Nar Shaddaa: Fixed a skipped animation when Atton warns the party
* Nar Shaddaa: Removed Visquis' sound from an empty line when he releases Kath Hounds
* Nar Shaddaa: Atton can no longer pick T3-M4 as a third party member if he was sold to Kodin
* Nar Shaddaa: You can now try again if you didn't have enough money to bribe Kaalanah the first time
* Onderon: Atton now pilots the ship in planet's intro
* Onderon: Soldier in the palace no longer starts a dialog for a single line, uses a "bark" instead
* Onderon: Fixed a typo in Kiph's dialog (two dots instead of three)
* Korriban: Sion no longer uses "talking" animation before approaching player
* Korriban: Fixed fade-out animation after escaping Sion
* Ravager: Lightsabers don't turn off for a cutscene halfway through the Nihilus fight
* Malachor: You can now fast forward through "precognition" cutscene of your party members in cells
* Malachor: Fixed Sion & player sometimes not jumping to proper positions for post-fight dialog, therefore not being visible
* Malachor: Restored a previously skipped shot of player approaching Kreia
* Malachor: Some additional animations in party vs Kreia cutscene, like Visas holding her weapon ready when Handmaiden/Disciple attacks Kreia
* Ebon Hawk: HK-50 torture scene now fades out at the end, instead of hitting you with a sudden black screen in the middle of HK's line
* Ebon Hawk: Fixed Handmaiden's empty {frowns} line always skipping instead of playing animation before training her as a Jedi
* Ebon Hawk: You return to the cargo hold instead of being moved to the cockpit after training Handmaiden as a Jedi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Light Side Points 3

On 9/5/2022 at 3:23 AM, zbyl2 said:

* Telos: Rebalanced the HK Factory

thumb.jpg

(This image is a joke... I don't like wasting 10 minutes fighting a single HK-50 droid before wasting another 10 minutes fighting his HK buddy!)

On 9/5/2022 at 3:23 AM, zbyl2 said:

* Nar Shaddaa: Removed animated camera from the Red Eclipse boarding cutscene

The one which flies from the boarding ramp and into the Cockpit?

Why was this one removed?

• Haha 2

I just thought the animation was a bit shoddy and didn't really add anything to the scene. It existed because there was a GP's note to have one. I remember that I even created the first version of it (that was probably worse?). If someone thinks I'm totally wrong about this, I'm willing to hear the argument, it can be modded back in in about 10 seconds.

Red eclipse is at 3:58. The updated scene is literally the same thing just without the 30 seconds animated camera, so start at 4:30.

• Like 2

Can you share any updates about the Switch version of this?  You know, the 'Restored Content DLC' that is supposedly coming out in Q3 of this year?

I really liked the animation with the camera. I feel it also adds cinematic tension to the scene but I can understand why it was removed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

If someone thinks I'm totally wrong about this, I'm willing to hear the argument, it can be modded back in in about 10 seconds.

I personally like it as I mentioned over on Discord to you already.  I think this sort of thing is best served by a poll on this thread.

2 hours ago, Albertson said:

Can you share any updates about the Switch version of this?  You know, the 'Restored Content DLC' that is supposedly coming out in Q3 of this year?

That's up to Aspyr at this point.  I've heard many people ask about this in the community but you really want to be directing those questions to Aspyr.

I've especially been wanting a fix for that Sion fight post-scene for such a long time, that was something that's been bugging me about Malachor forever. So glad to see it fixed! This mod basically covers nearly all the little gripes I've had about the game that I always found odd.

• Like 1

You can nix it as far as I'm concerned. It's unnecessary. Just start it where Kreia comes walking into the cockpit to talk to Handmaiden/Visas or whomever.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

I just thought the animation was a bit shoddy and didn't really add anything to the scene. It existed because there was a GP's note to have one. I remember that I even created the first version of it (that was probably worse?). If someone thinks I'm totally wrong about this, I'm willing to hear the argument, it can be modded back in in about 10 seconds.

If the general public says the cutscene should be removed/they don't care if its removed then maybe it should stay removed, however, it is totally justified having it in the mod as the dev note requested it.

What we could do instead is add it to a submod which can be downloaded by players if they REALLY wanted to have the old scene, to this day we can still get Mandalore stepping on a landmine in 1.8.6 thanks to the tweak pack submod!

TSLRCM also has a number of custom content to make other restorations work, like "Mira's escape from the Jekk'Jekk Tarr" has a few modder written lines for Visquis to make it all work and the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave and the revamped Carth intro at the Battle of Telos use extensive modder made content... but if we removed said custom content the players probably wouldn't like that as this custom content made the restored content better (despite it being half custom content).

I'm not sure I understand your argument. I never mentioned anything about "modders content" or whatever, it just wasn't very good or added anything to the scene.

The difference between Visquis' lines (there's two) and Red Eclipse camera is that one is required for other Mira content to work, animated camera adds nothing to the scene. Carth's intro is the opposite of the RE boarding, camera animation actually makes his entrance better. It's not "extensive use of modders content" by any means though. 

Looking back at the dlg now, GP's note doesn't even mention it being animated.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Cut to a scene on board the Ebon Hawk, the empty corridors. Make it a little creepy.]}

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

I think, from a cinematic perspective, the hallway camera works and does the job adequately. Not perfectly, because the on-rails aspect of the camera is too herky-jerky. However, that dev note seems to imply exactly this sort of scene. Animation.... isn't directly stated, but how are you going to capture the corridors without animation? They are plural afterall.

My 2c idea - animation vs a series of stills, with fade-in and fade-out. Would eliminate the janky camera movement, would still show creepy, and keep to the original intent.

I would prefer the scene stay as is, or modded into what I propose above. Maybe leave some animation in the camera, but break it up and eliminate the janky bits by truncating them and adding the fade-in/out. This could all be accomplished with a shorter scene as well, it goes on a little too long which I also attribute to the "one-shot" aspect of it combined with the linear motion of the camera.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:42 AM, zbyl2 said:

{[Gameplay Programmer: Cut to a scene on board the Ebon Hawk, the empty corridors. Make it a little creepy.]}

To me that seems like a series of stills would fulfill the same function, according to the dev note, and would better fit the quality of the rest of the game. The custcene was a little jarring and never really fit into the game right imo

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

Who wants to record a before and after?

I just recorded them.

Here is the original animated camera from TSLRCM version 1.8.5:

Here is @Hunters Run's fix for the animated camera:

Here is the TSLRCM 2022 update version of the Red Eclipse boarding scene:

• Thanks 1

As far as the camera is concerned, I think it does add a level of eery anticipation to the scene.

The floating camera gives it an ethereal quality & it cues the audience into something being wrong before any dialogue is spoken.

I do understand the frustration with the camera movement, but there's something atmospheric I love about build up it creates, especially combined with the music. Something that might fix it would be if instead of the stiff movements, the camera was instead slowly rotating towards the cockpit throughout the movement?

So you start with the camera in the same spot & it begins moving along the same path, but instead of jerky, stop\start, it would instead gracefully ease along the path, rotating until it eventually settles on the map panel. It's a bit hard to describer without showing, but I hope that the general idea has been communicated.

In any case, I think the scene is better with it than not, personally.

Edited by The Meme Repository
  • Like 3

I think my issue with the camera is that there isn't another place in the game that has this sort of moving camera cutscene. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but it doesn't fit the rest of the game. I think just fixed angles that hold for a few seconds each and then cut to some of the more key angles would feel like part of the vanilla game. I would also prefer it without fade in/out. Just direct cuts would be better I think.