spideyseth

Holocron Toolset problems

To preface, whenever I create a .mod file with a git/are/ifo/vis/pathfile with nothing else remaining inside from an existing module like the Telos hangar from Kotor 2 and open it in the 3D module editor, the screen is white and displays no models but will sometimes flicker and show the waypoints and cameras but no level model is visible.

Edited by spideyseth

I would suggest not relying on Holocron Toolset to do everything for you, could be something is missing or an issue exists in the program somewhere, it's still relatively new as amazing as it is.

Perhaps compare the git/are/ifo files to that of the original to see if something is missing, perhaps it didn't populate the room list.

There are lots of tutorials available that are worth checking out, pretty much everything is covered in-depth if you dig deep enough.

What I did when I started around here was grabbed every tool available and then got started learning my way around the game.

Thor110

• Like 1

I've been modding Kotor for years, but stuff like Kotor tool in my opinion are absolutely some of the worst tools I've ever used. It was good for the time but I will never go back to it even if it's helpful, but thanks for the response.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spideyseth said:

I've been modding Kotor for years, but stuff like Kotor tool in my opinion are absolutely some of the worst tools I've ever used. It was good for the time but I will never go back to it even if it's helpful, but thanks for the response.

KotOR Tool as described by many in the community is a great can opener, but not a great tool as it's incomplete and has bugs here and there.

Ultimately that is all I use KotOR Tool for, to unpack the original files, other than that K-GFF Editor and a few other tools are really useful to have.

KotOR GUI Editor is also another new tool, very much worth having in my opinion.

My point is realistically you can't rely on one tool to do it all, though I think we all have high hopes for the Holocron Toolset to do it all in the near future.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

KotOR Tool as described by many in the community is a great can opener, but not a great tool as it's incomplete and has bugs here and there.

Ultimately that is all I use KotOR Tool for, to unpack the original files, other than that K-GFF Editor and a few other tools are really useful to have.

KotOR GUI Editor is also another new tool, very much worth having in my opinion.

My point is realistically you can't rely on one tool to do it all, though I think we all have high hopes for the Holocron Toolset to do it all in the near future.

True, It just shows that devs are far superior at making creation tools for there projects and I wish Kotor had developer made tools instead. I am grateful though that there's at least someone trying to make them in the community.

• Light Side Points 1

The best thing to do is report the issue to the author of Holocron toolset in the proper thread.

This is a very promising and very actively maintained tool we're talking about, with an author that's been very present and receptive to feedback since start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm the developer for Holocron Toolset. Do you have Discord? I'd be happy to help you but it might be more efficient to work through the problem over that rather than a message board. If not, just send me a DM over Deadlystream.

I'll need to grab what version of the game you have installed (GoG/Steam/CD) and on what platform (Windows/Mac). Also make sure you have the latest version of the toolset installed.

• Like 2

When I click Indoor Map Builder it gives this error: No Kits were detected, would you like to open the Kit downloader?

And when I click Ok, it does nothing after freezing