Sign in to follow this  
spideyseth

Creating a fight scene in dialogue files

I know many different people have asked this question, but how do you create a Lightsaber duel or blaster fight in dialogue files via scripting in a controlled manner. When I say this I mean choosing the NPC's attacks like force lightning or flurry. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, spideyseth said:

how do you create a Lightsaber duel or blaster fight in dialogue files via scripting in a controlled manner

The real answer is that you don't, at least for a given definition of "controlled".

Basically scripted fights are essentially just setting two (or more) NPCs to opposing factions and telling them to attack each other. You can script certain specific attacks and powers (you get a lot more fine control in TSL than K1 due to it allowing all animations to be scripted), but if you want true full control then really stunt animations are the only solution. But given the level of effort and skill required for that, scripting is really the only practical approach for most people.

I would suggest that your starting point, as in most things, is to look at the vanilla scenes in whichever game you are targeting and see how Bioware/Obsidian handled it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I chose to use TSL instead because of that factor since so many people on the forums talked about it. Thanks for the quick response.

I found some stuff in the animatons.2da file of interest but the problem is I can't seem to find any dialogue with scripts that pertain to my problem.