For the named characters, why not just have a faded version of their faces (and in Nihilus' case, his mask) as the background?

Mmmmmmmmm ....I don't know about these.

For one, their really small. (75x75 px) Whereas the ones I was working with were 192x192.

And two- they're just boring.

Still looking.

So just playing around with this SWTOR icon sheet that I got from here, so now I really don't know what I want to do.

Makes me think I just need to outright buy the latest Photoshop. But I can't really afford that. I really need it if I want to remake all these blades.

The ones I've been messing with are at 75x75 and I'm blowing them up to 128x128. Still in the .tga arena so I don't know how much it's going to matter.

Oh and the coloring might get a little squirrelly.

Anyway..

mock1.jpg.f0bc31bb55e31d9ead37dbcc4d968d11.jpg

mock2.jpg.d36b635ccab9b3082f352b53d07ff92f.jpg

mock3.jpg.2b1ab85eec688344a4973e0ef5e32418.jpg

I know I know.

You guys aint diggin' the stars. 

But this last one has potential if I could actually do an outer glow on the hilt itself. That'd be cool.

Just for the record, here is where I'm getting my color codes... 😏

List of Colors A to Z - colorcodes.io

Think I might be getting rid of "pale gold" and just using Bastila's gold from KSR.

So I downloaded Adobe CC so I could trial run the newest Photoshop. Ironically what tools I saw in there years ago I don't think exist anymore, not sure. 

So now I don't know if I want to remake all the blades again.

Not without being able to expand the glows around the core by about double so the glows diffusion could be alot broader. I don't know though, maybe I just haven't found it yet.

Also thinking about taking all the animated blade tex's/.txi's out and just doing the original Crazy34 one frame textures. Then again I did just download tga2tpc tool from here, so that might turn into something good.

*Sigh* I got alot of work I want to do.

Think I'm gonna go ahead with DeepFried's idea for the Masters saber icons. I like this idea.

28460.jpg.d33ee592eb2379861037a38fd8683636.jpg

f132e71ddafaa278cfe46526bcce66343218b93d_hq.jpg.59bac85f35df0bc0254fd94a2d0df2f3.jpg

So I'm still looking around for more of these to choose from. Will post a completed icon a little later.

On 8/21/2022 at 2:28 PM, Sith Holocron said:

For the named characters, why not just have a faded version of their faces (and in Nihilus' case, his mask) as the background?

Nihilus' mask, and Sion's cracks. :)

I am really trying to nail something down for schematic sabers.

BlueBackground.jpg.4ce555b1e34de359671d44ab0c3c6fc0.jpg

BlueBG.jpg.e18bc8d4f956e5479a3aa41f740ab6d2.jpg

Even went back to using glowy spheres. But it seems like now I'm just trying to emulate what I did the other day for the masters saber icons. 

Will keep trying...

I hope this isn't too much of an imposition. Perhaps in addition to see your new background examples, you should also include an example of what it would look like with the saber on top of it.  That way, we can see how everything works together.

Yeah you're probably right. I was all set to paste some master sabers on the master icons today and just got on a tangent. :P

EDIT: NO SPHERES/GLOBES!  Nevermind. never say never.

Ok what am I missing? Trying to make Sion's saber turn off when it's replaced. 

It seems I've forgotten how SetLightsaberPowered works. From a_sion.ncs in 702KOR. First thing in the dialog.

case 3:
			{
				object object19 = GetObjectByTag("SithAssassin", 0);
				object object21 = GetObjectByTag("SithAssassin", 1);
				object oDarthSion = GetObjectByTag("DarthSion", 0);
				effect effect3 = EffectVisualEffect(8000, 0);
				ApplyEffectToObject(1, effect3, object19, 20.0);
				ApplyEffectToObject(1, effect3, object21, 20.0);
				DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(4, oDarthSion), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
				AssignCommand(oDarthSion, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("pain_lghtsbr_195", oDarthSion, 1, 1), 4, 1));
				SetLightsaberPowered(oDarthSion, 0, 0, 0);
				AssignCommand(oDarthSion, ActionPlayAnimation(35, 1.0, (-1.0)));
				DelayCommand(6.0, SetDialogPlaceableCamera(8));

void SetLightsaberPowered( object oCreature, int bOverride, int bPowered = TRUE, int bShowTransition = FALSE);

If you want to force it off, then you need:

SetLightsaberPowered(oDarthSion, TRUE, FALSE, FALSE);

You had Override set to FALSE. Depending on the nature of the scene, you may also want to set Transition to TRUE.

Arrrgh I had it set to TRUE FALSE FLASE and it didn't work either.  

Alright thanks let me try again.

Ah I didn't notice that you are destroying and re-equipping the weapon beforehand. I recall having some issues getting that to co-operate when doing that sort of thing previously. You'll probably need a delay. You can have a look at the K1CP scripts for the Malak cutscenes in the Leviathan Hangar perhaps. For example:

https://github.com/KOTORCommunityPatches/K1_Community_Patch/blob/master/Source/k_plev_pause.nss

https://github.com/KOTORCommunityPatches/K1_Community_Patch/blob/master/Source/k_plev_destweap.nss

• Thanks 1

Yeah i figured that out right after you posted. I fixed it. It works now.

I had AssignCommand(oDarthSion, SetLightsaberPowered(yada, yada,yada)

where it should have been DelayCommand

Alrighty. Got a buttload done yesterday and day before...but here are these while I'm at it.

BlueBackground2.jpg.8f707218f688afaf0d8123d253fbc6a8.jpg

NihilusIcon.jpg.4554ade44ae0b3e21c750aa75ea5b3dd.jpg

Just imagine Nihilus' saber laid across that because I forgot to make a .jpg in 256x256.

These are the new icons but they will be scaled down to 128x128. Still need a good idea for Sion's.

Also, Handmaiden builds a new model which is now called 'Arbiter' and Visas Marr's saber is now called 'Visionary'.

Edited by Kaidon Jorn

Once again I am in need of assistance. This one is weird because it worked the first time 2/3 of the way. 

Zez Kai-Ell did not equip his and showed up empty handed. So I tweaked a thing or two but now it dosen't work at all.

(K_650enter.nss)

void main() {
    if (GetLoadFromSaveGame()) {
        return;
    }
    object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
    object oFROM_605DAN = GetObjectByTag("FROM_605DAN", 0);
    if ((((GetFirstPC() == oEntering) && (!GetLocalBoolean(oFROM_605DAN, 42))) && (GetGlobalNumber("500OND_DarkSide_Iziz") == 0))) {
        SetLocalBoolean(oFROM_605DAN, 42, 1);
        SetGlobalNumber("853NIH_CUTSCENE", 1);
        StartNewModule("853NIH", "", "", "", "", "", "", "");
    }
    else {
        object oWP_council_kavar;
        object oZez = GetObjectByTag("Zezkaiell", 0);
        object oVrook = GetObjectByTag("Vrook", 0);
        object oKavar = GetObjectByTag("Kavar", 0);
        if (((GetGlobalNumber("000_ZezKaiEll_Dead") == 0) && (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("Zezkaiell", 0))))) {
            oWP_council_kavar = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_zez");
            CreateObject(1, "npc_zezkaiell", GetLocation(oWP_council_kavar), 0);
            DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(4, oZez), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
            DelayCommand(0.5, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("seek_dblsbr_194", oZez, 1, 1), 4, 1));
        }
        if (((GetGlobalNumber("000_Vrook_Dead") == 0) && (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("Vrook", 0))))) {
            oWP_council_kavar = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_vrook");
            CreateObject(1, "npc_vrook", GetLocation(oWP_council_kavar), 0);
            DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(4, oVrook), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
            DelayCommand(0.5, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("vigi_lghtsbr_190", oVrook, 1, 1), 4, 1));
        }
        if (((GetGlobalNumber("000_Kavar_Dead") == 0) && (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("kavar", 0))))) {
            oWP_council_kavar = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_kavar");
            CreateObject(1, "npc_kavar", GetLocation(oWP_council_kavar), 0);
            DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(4, oKavar), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
            DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(5, oKavar), 0.0, 0, 0.0);
            DelayCommand(0.3, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("kava_lghtsbr_191", oKavar, 1, 1), 4, 1));
            DelayCommand(0.5, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("kava_lghtsbr_192", oKavar, 1, 1), 5, 1));
        }
    }
}

Would the Delaying of the command mess it up? Do I need to create the item on them before equipping??

You're declaring the NPC objects before they exist. Try this instead and see how it goes:

void main() {

if (!GetLoadFromSaveGame())
        {
            object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
            object oFROM_605DAN = GetObjectByTag("FROM_605DAN", 0);

if (oEntering == GetFirstPC() && !GetLocalBoolean(oFROM_605DAN, 42) && GetGlobalNumber("500OND_DarkSide_Iziz") == 0)
                {
                    SetLocalBoolean(oFROM_605DAN, 42, TRUE);
                    SetGlobalNumber("853NIH_CUTSCENE", 1);
                    StartNewModule("853NIH");
                }
                else
                    {
                        object oNPC;
                        object oWP;

if (GetGlobalNumber("000_ZezKaiEll_Dead") == 0 && !GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("Zezkaiell", 0)))
                            {
                                oWP = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_zez");

oNPC = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "npc_zezkaiell", GetLocation(oWP));

DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oNPC));

DelayCommand(0.2, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("seek_dblsbr_194", oNPC, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, TRUE));
                            }

if (GetGlobalNumber("000_Vrook_Dead") == 0 && !GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("Vrook", 0)))
                            {
                                oWP = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_vrook");

oNPC = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "npc_vrook", GetLocation(oWP));

DelayCommand(0.2, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("vigi_lghtsbr_190", oNPC, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, TRUE));
                            }

if (GetGlobalNumber("000_Kavar_Dead") == 0 && !GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("kavar", 0)))
                            {
                                oWP = GetWaypointByTag("WP_council_kavar");

oNPC = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "npc_kavar", GetLocation(oWP));

DestroyObject(GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON, oNPC));

DelayCommand(0.2, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("kava_lghtsbr_191", oNPC, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, TRUE));
                                DelayCommand(0.3, ActionEquipItem(CreateItemOnObject("kava_lghtsbr_192", oNPC, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON, TRUE));
                            }
                    }
        }
}

Oh man.

Nope, didn't work. It's now deleting the default sabers in their hands but not equipping them with my custom ones.

I'm gonna try it from Kreia's dialog with a new script. See how that goes.

Yeah like I said the other day, getting the timing right with that sort of thing is a pain. I know I had a hell of a time getting Bastila to co-operate when I was dealing with her Leviathan scene (duping her weapon/s in order to give the original/s back to the player).

Yeah when i messed with that all I did was change the model number in the uti. hehe.

Ok so I "fixed" it. I used 2 scripts that already existed, k_650enter.ncs to destroy the defaults and massflourish.ncs to give them mine. 

But I think I need to tweak 650jedi.dlg to use a different camera, so that it's more impactful, lol.

So let me get this straight. 

If I was going to use the TSLPatcher to compare 2 of the same dialog files and make modifiers for the differences, I would want to use....

a) TSLRCM's version of the dialog file so that my version doesn't add anything that wasn't already there....OR

b) a completely vanilla version of the dialog file once I've made all my changes to another unedited vanilla dialog file?? (not TSLRCM's)

I'm a little confused because it seems like it's adding things in the patcher operation that TSLRCM already added. (??)

Edit: yeah i think its the second option. Doesn’t make much sense the other way…I could be wrong

Edited by Kaidon Jorn